Do you believe in Tradition and why

GammaGlobulin

2 hours ago, seedy said:

"Woke" ???

Here is a link to the Act of Parliament

Were they 'Woke' back then ?

Slavery Abolition Act, (1833), in British history, act of Parliament that abolished slavery in most British colonies, freeing more than 800,000 enslaved Africans in the Caribbean and South Africa as well as a small number in Canada. It received Royal Assent on August 28, 1833, and took effect on August 1, 1834.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Slavery-Abolition-Act

No they were not but like many who seem incapable of understanding, it was under pressure from the UK that slavery went down. Tell me, when Mugabe was in charge of Zimbabwe were the people better off that when it was under British rule?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

No they were not but like many who seem incapable of understanding, it was under pressure from the UK that slavery went down.

So ... under pressure from England the country of Haiti abolished slavery 40 years before England did ? Same Same Denmark and Norway ?

5 minutes ago, seedy said:

The biggest misconception today is that slavery was a white man invention, and not a practice as far back we can find written documentation as well in Tora, Bible and Quran ( just to mentioned the most well known religions) who all have laws how slaves so

should be treated. Even in Buddhism we find descriptions to justify slavery. 

Today Interest slavery is what should had been abolished, and is in fact Haram which means forbidden in The Quran. 

13 hours ago, seedy said:

So ... under pressure from England the country of Haiti abolished slavery 40 years before England did ? Same Same Denmark and Norway ?

I think it was because the Haitian slaves revolted, killed as many masters as they could, and took over the country. I don't think it was because the masters had a change of heart and decided to free all the slaves.

Tell me if I'm wrong.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think it was because the Haitian slaves revolted, killed as many masters as they could, and took over the country. I don't think it was because the masters had a change of heart and decided to free all the slaves.

Tell me if I'm wrong.

If you read the post I replied to - and quoted - this will provide context for my post