Retirement visa: 3 months later 800.000 balance check.

Hello, I renewed my retirement visa at Jomtien - Chonburi office. This  was rather simple. Now they made appointment on 25 th September, to check if the 800.000, is still on my account.

Some questions.

Do I only need to update, my bankbook, make copy of it, and first page of my  passport, and the visa stamp they ngave me 3 months ago. So no official update/letter from bank?

As 25 th is a Sunday, do I have to go on 26 th? Would there be a problem if I go 27 th?

Thank you!

49 minutes ago, indieke said:

Hello, I renewed my retirement visa at Jomtien - Chonburi office. This  was rather simple. Now they made appointment on 25 th September, to check if the 800.000, is still on my account.

Wow, that would be inconvenient, if you used one of those fraudster agents (unless they have a secret handshake with Imm to deal with this, assuming Imm is hard over on this requirement....). Certainly in this situation, ignore would be the operative word -- if possible.

6 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Wow, that would be inconvenient, if you used one of those fraudster agents (unless they have a secret handshake with Imm to deal with this, assuming Imm is hard over on this requirement....). Certainly in this situation, ignore would be the operative word -- if possible.

No, I went myself.  See no harm in checking this.  Money never left account, and some hs even been added.  Just want to do the things right. Yes I used the first time an agent. But that was covid time, and things had to go fast. Now immigration, were very helpful to  do it myself, and feel much more comfortable.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

There is no need to comply with this show money report

There is a need to comply with 90 day address reports.

Those two things are not related in any way.

You do need to follow the balance rules though or you will be rejected for your next extension.

They are at least 800k for two months before extension application, at least 800k for three months after extension granted, and at least 400k for the rest of the year.

Do the show money report if you insist but it is not necessary. 

If you do you will receive no receipt of compliance and more than likely a look that says what a goody two shoes that wasted his time.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mentors65 said:

In and out in 2 minutes 

Did you notice what happen regarding record of you attending? 

The small square thingie with date of return is thrown in bin.

Did you receive some sort of receipt etc.

Of course not.

Some folk live close to Jomtien immigration and some not so.

It's such a Jomtien joke thing I can't believe it's adhered to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Did you notice what happen regarding record of you attending? 

The small square thingie with date of return is thrown in bin.

Did you receive some sort of receipt etc.

Of course not.

Some folk live close to Jomtien immigration and some not so.

It's such a Jomtien joke thing I can't believe it's adhered to.

Totallt agree, its a waste of time, why they even request this is incomprehendable.

It would seem they only ask random people for some reason, again why? I suppose because they can!

• Like 2

I reckon the original intent was to teach applicants about the balance rules the hard way. Then if it was discovered that the applicant messed up upon the next extension they could blame it fully on the applicant. But the balance rules have been in effect for many years already. I guess there might  be some utility to give the order on the first extension. Anyway doing the report is not necessary. Believe it or not.

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, HarrySeaman said:

If your due date falls on a weekend or holiday you can go in a day early or late, but a couple of days is probably fine.  Personally I would go early rather than late but that is just me playing it extra safe.

You are just making stuff up.

It's not an under consideration stamp.

What if you are away. 

Meaning another province.

If you were so compelled to follow the nonsense you would just report when back home. 

17 hours ago, indieke said:

No that is impossible, as I did my report on line already. Prefer to do what they ask.

I did my marriage visa in July, stamped okay after 30 days under consideration in August using bank deposit.

The officer said see you next year for the ext'n.

No need for the bank deposit check...  

If you remove the cash it will show up on your statement/bank book next year and then you'll have some explaining to do.

For reference there is a member here who pressed the staff there very aggressively with the obvious question. Are there any consequence for not doing the three month show money report? Such as fines, etc. Answer: NO CONSEQUENCES.

Believe it or not.

I choose to believe it for these reasons.

Almost no other office does it.

There is nothing in immigration law mentioning it.

There is no mention of consequences for not doing it on the form.

There have been  no reports here of consequences for not doing it.

Taking this even further. 

You show up for your next extension and you have been non compliant with the balance rules. 

Your application will be rejected. Whether you did the show money report irrelevant. 

OR

You show up for your next extension and you have been compliant with the balance rules. 

Why would they  even bother then to check whether you did the report or not? The report is about strong arming compliance. You complied. The report is irrelevant.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

I miss Thailand.

Then I read these type of posts, and I'm glad we decided to spend the eight months around southern summer (Thai high season) out of the kingdom.

It solves the problem of forcing the bastards in my own government to pay the pension entitlements I've worked all my life for too!

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

It solves the problem of forcing the bastards in my own government to pay the pension entitlements I've worked all my life for too

How is your pension issue remotely related to this thread.

As pointed out in thread the report back is a nonsense and has zero consequences of not doing so. 

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, chalawaan said:

I miss Thailand.

Then I read these type of posts, and I'm glad we decided to spend the eight months around southern summer (Thai high season) out of the kingdom.

It solves the problem of forcing the bastards in my own government to pay the pension entitlements I've worked all my life for too!

Many will say it is a 'benefit'........

Expat friend of mine with a short temper was refused renewal this week because he failed to keep track of the money in his account and it fell below 400K for just a few weeks because he loaned out some money to a friend (This is his story but may well be the case he is sharing deposited funds with others).

Anyway the IO just told him straight to his face she would not do his extension.  He exploded, jumped to his feet told everyone to go f88ck themselves and then left.

He got straight on a plane to Patts and did his extension with an agent the next day.  He will be heading back to Phuket next week.  Don't know how he will get on when he has to do change of address form.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Expat friend of mine with a short temper was refused renewal this week because he failed to keep track of the money in his account and it fell below 400K for just a few weeks because he loaned out some money to a friend (This is his story but may well be the case he is sharing deposited funds with others).

Anyway the IO just told him straight to his face she would not do his extension.  He exploded, jumped to his feet told everyone to go f88ck themselves and then left.

He got straight on a plane to Patts and did his extension with an agent the next day.  He will be heading back to Phuket next week.  Don't know how he will get on when he has to do change of address form.

Yes you must comply with the balance rules but that's not the same thing as the show money report which is the topic here.

1 hour ago, Adumbration said:

Zero to do with this thread.

Your friend sounds like a nutter. 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 4:31 PM, DrJack54 said:

You are just making stuff up.

It's not an under consideration stamp.

What if you are away. 

Meaning another province.

If you were so compelled to follow the nonsense you would just report when back home. 

Of course it is up to you whether or not you do what Immigration tells you to do, but don't complain if they nail your ass to the wall.

1 hour ago, HarrySeaman said:

Of course it is up to you whether or not you do what Immigration tells you to do, but don't complain if they nail your ass to the wall.

What on earth does that throw away line mean.

I personally know someone that deals with Jomtien and have asked what happens if the "report back" is overlooked.

Reply from immigration officer ...."NOTHING" 

Anyone aware of any other office which might still be striving to enforce this rogue requirement? Mine (Rayong) did for a brief period following the seasoning changes in early 2019 - but, thankfully, then quietly dropped it!

On 9/24/2022 at 6:34 PM, DrJack54 said:

What on earth does that throw away line mean.

I personally know someone that deals with Jomtien and have asked what happens if the "report back" is overlooked.

Reply from immigration officer ...."NOTHING" 

What it mean is what it said, "Of course it is up to you whether or not you do what Immigration tells you to do, but don't complain if they nail your ass to the wall."

Thai Immigration Division 1 (Bangkok) has the 3 month after visa bank check requirement.  Other Immigration offices seem to enforce rules as they desire so it is possible that the 3 month after visa bank check requirement won't be enforced in some of those offices.

Check here:  Thai Immigration Division 1 - For foreigner.  Go to number "22. Visa Extension - In Case of Retirement" and read rule #4.

Couldn't be any clearer.

Edited by HarrySeaman
  • Haha 1