Retirement visa: 3 months later 800.000 balance check.

20 minutes ago, HarrySeaman said:

Couldn't be any clearer

Incorrect.

The requirement to maintain the funds in bank (800k) for 3 months after the extension application and then not below 400k and back up to 800k two months prior to next application is checked when the following application application is made.

There is NO requirement to return to immigration office 3 months after extention is granted.

You have misinterpreted the requirements.

I  renewed my retirement visa earier this month (Sept)...  I was not issued any paper work or asked  to return  in three month  Re-  money in my bank account ... I think it's a bit of a hit or miss affair whether you are issued with the said papers ...

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 2:45 PM, HarrySeaman said:

If your due date falls on a weekend or holiday you can go in a day early or late, but a couple of days is probably fine.  Personally I would go early rather than late but that is just me playing it extra safe.

No...As others have said, ignoring it is most probably fine, BUT if you are going to do it then do NOT go early...think about it...you are showing you have held the balance at the required level for the full 90 days.  If you go on day 89 then you are failing to do that, so a complete waste of rations. 

As an aside, when they brought the form in, it initially said "after xyz date" but was then changed to "On xyz date".  When I got one of the former, I decided that my next renewal was going to be "after.." so I could safely ignore but had to go to do a 90 day in person as the online system wasn't working, so did it then as I was already in the building.  As others have said, no receipt, no notatin on computer that I could see.  Have since had an "On.." date that I ignored with no consequences.  As far as I am aware, those using Agent don't ever get these forms - maybe cut out by the Agent, or maybe not even issued to them; who knows (or cares).

PH

27 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

No...As others have said, ignoring it is most probably fine, BUT if you are going to do it then do NOT go early...think about it...you are showing you have held the balance at the required level for the full 90 days.  If you go on day 89 then you are failing to do that, so a complete waste of rations. 

As an aside, when they brought the form in, it initially said "after xyz date" but was then changed to "On xyz date".  When I got one of the former, I decided that my next renewal was going to be "after.." so I could safely ignore but had to go to do a 90 day in person as the online system wasn't working, so did it then as I was already in the building.  As others have said, no receipt, no notatin on computer that I could see.  Have since had an "On.." date that I ignored with no consequences.  As far as I am aware, those using Agent don't ever get these forms - maybe cut out by the Agent, or maybe not even issued to them; who knows (or cares).

PH

It doesn't actually work that way.

Last year I was 14 days early because I had to do a 90 day report. They were fine with that. 

This year I didn't report.

11 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

Never been asked for this in almost twenty years. I have always left the 800K in the Bank, it's never been touched since day one, though.

Sounds like Jomtien Imm officers have discretion to issue you an irritant order, if they're not happy with your nose piercing or forehead tattoo, or whatever....