Woman smashes up her new car in Korat - she's furious with the dealership but no one mentions the company

webfact

31 minutes ago, stoner said:

at times there are certain brands of cars that need to be Fixed Or Repaired Daily. common knowledge really. 

smash your own car up that will show them good. 

A woman did this a few years back in protest against Honda - her CRV had repeated issues that the dealership were failing to deal with professionally. 

The action received a great deal of attention and was potentially quite damaging to Honda.

If this gains further publicity I imagine this could cause some damage to Ford...  This is a brand I won’t go near anyway.

The reality is car dealerships in Thailand are notoriously extremely poor with the quality of service, particularly after sales and especially when something is going wrong. 

Unfortunately, social media is required to ‘kick-start’ them into action sometimes. 

I feel sympathetic towards this person for being driven to such action.

One of the reasons I’ve never bought a Ford is the poor reputation of the after-sales service, I imagine many others have made the same decision. 

That said, its ultimately a s#it show...  We’ve been lucky in the past, Wifey has decent connections or friends married to those in the industry.

On occasion we’ve had to pull strings to receive what I would consider ‘standard service’.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

Majority of Thai media outlets do name the Brand

The dealership /brand has investigated and found

Due to the customer's concern about the display of the tire pressure monitoring alarm system incorrectly. The company did a preliminary investigation and found that the customer had installed an air purifier as an accessory. The operation of some car air purifiers may transmit frequencies that affect the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). The company therefore recommends that customers remove such accessories.

4 minutes ago, AsianAtHeart said:

Could it be that the dealer refused to replace it because it would be even worse for them when the customer found that the replacement vehicle had the same or worse problems?

Or could it be if the customer had followed the recommend action and removed the accessory that was the source of the issue they wouldn't be able to find further problems

2 hours ago, stoner said:

at times there are certain brands of cars that need to be Fixed Or Repaired Daily. common knowledge really. 

smash your own car up that will show them good. 

Well my Fixed Or Repaired Daily Ranger 4 door, 4WD turbo diesel Ranger pickup will be 21 years old in December and has 448,xxx km on the clock. It still rattles on as most Fords do with little C&M and the odd wash and brush up most years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Photoguy21 said:

"She took a crow bar to the front windshield and smashed it up in a sarcastic gesture designed to shame the unnamed company"

How can you shame an "unnamed company"?

Shaming can only be applied if the name of the company is given.

Not great reporting.

Dodgy in Thailand. Best bet is to drive it right outside the company forecourt and proceed with the bashing, as did the woman with the Honda many means ago. Believe she got some restitution?