Woman smashes up her new car in Korat - she's furious with the dealership but no one mentions the company

webfact

2 hours ago, greenmonkey said:

these defamation laws are absolutely crazy to the point where reporting a crime can see you being sued and jailed by the criminal as happened to that reporter who reported on a big food company using slave labour. Even though the company was found guilty and the employee's were rescued and compensated (due to the brave actions of the reporter), the company then had the reporter jailed for bringing the whole case to light. Absolutely astounds me that this could happen and continues to happen.

Sheer cowardice. To follow these laws, means total submission to fear and oppression. These laws are a real cultural blight and major egg on face of Thailand. Really creepy stuff. 

• Like 1

I remember many years ago a buyer in Australia who was so disgruntled with his Ford Falcon, he invited the media along to film him torching his car, with a couple of jerrycans of petrol.

There are some brands and dealerships that treat customer problems seriously, and others that throw car buyers under a bus. In Thailand, I guess it is a lottery.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stoner said:

at times there are certain brands of cars that need to be Fixed Or Repaired Daily. common knowledge really. 

smash your own car up that will show them good. 

Makes about as much sense as all those people who went out and burned their $600 Nike shoes when something bad appeared in the press about the company. Some folks were actually going out and buying new pairs of the shoes just so they could virtue signal that they were against the company.

8 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Dodgy in Thailand. Best bet is to drive it right outside the company forecourt and proceed with the bashing, as did the woman with the Honda many means ago. Believe she got some restitution? 

Yes. her new car had repeat faults and had spent more time at the dealers than with her. As a final desperate act after refusal by the Dealer HQ for a new replacement car, she alerted the Press, made a banner, drove her car to the brand HQ in BKK and parked it outside putting up the banner which decried the Company. Overnight, the Japanese company flew an executive to BKK from Japan. He fired the BKK HQ manager (Thai) gave her a new car and made a bowing public apology thereby winning back the bad press. Despite first rate quality control at build, now and then, a 'lemon' rolls off the line which produces fault after fault. There is a cutoff point at which dealers are told to return the unit to the factory.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Runhathai, 42, (surname withheld), a businesswoman was pictured climbing on her black car in the parking lot of the Korat town hall. 

She took a crow bar to the front windshield and smashed it up in a sarcastic gesture designed to shame the unnamed company.

Why the town hall, why not at the dealership?

Or would that get her into deformation strife?

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A woman did this a few years back in protest against Honda - her CRV had repeated issues that the dealership were failing to deal with professionally. 

The action received a great deal of attention and was potentially quite damaging to Honda.

If this gains further publicity I imagine this could cause some damage to Ford...  This is a brand I won’t go near anyway.

The reality is car dealerships in Thailand are notoriously extremely poor with the quality of service, particularly after sales and especially when something is going wrong. 

Unfortunately, social media is required to ‘kick-start’ them into action sometimes. 

I feel sympathetic towards this person for being driven to such action.

One of the reasons I’ve never bought a Ford is the poor reputation of the after-sales service, I imagine many others have made the same decision. 

That said, its ultimately a s#it show...  We’ve been lucky in the past, Wifey has decent connections or friends married to those in the industry.

On occasion we’ve had to pull strings to receive what I would consider ‘standard service’.

My Ford has been perfect from new after 7.5 years with great after sales service.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Face.

I have seen red plates still on a car after 3 years........people think that the owner has a new car....

I own a Camry, very happy with it and it is over 15 years old - it still has RED plates even though the Consumer Court in Bangkok have instructed the Licencing Department that it is my vehicle and that that they should issue me with a Tabian Auto in my name that was about 6 years ago. Despite my lawyer making many visits to the office in Bangkok they have still done nothing.

Just now, peterpaintpot said:

I own a Camry, very happy with it and it is over 15 years old - it still has RED plates even though the Consumer Court in Bangkok have instructed the Licencing Department that it is my vehicle and that that they should issue me with a Tabian Auto in my name that was about 6 years ago. Despite my lawyer making many visits to the office in Bangkok they have still done nothing.

Continuation due to me hitting the wrong key: The Court awarded me about 2 million baht plus costs for my lawyer, but they wanted the car auctioned so that they had an accurate value of the car. The money from the auction was to go to me and the value deducted from the amount that the defendants would have to pay. The only good news is that the Court applied a 7% interest fee on the price I had paid for the car for the period stretching from purchase date until they coughed the money up - I bought it new for just over on 1,500,000 baht.

The hold up now is that I cannot auction the car until I get it registered in my name and the red plates are removed! The information that you cannot sell a car with red plates answers EZRA'S question which followed the original post.

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

My Ford has been perfect from new after 7.5 years with great after sales service.

The same as most Fords owners I imagine.... However, on this forum and Thai forums Ford have a general reputation for poor after sales service... Thats the kind of mud that sticks.

I did look at the Everest but ended up walking out of the showroom after the sales annoyed the s#it out of me... 

33 minutes ago, peterpaintpot said:

The hold up now is that I cannot auction the car until I get it registered in my name and the red plates are removed! The information that you cannot sell a car with red plates answers EZRA'S question which followed the original post.

Interesting story, its good to see that things went your way.

I’m curious, how can you not register the car in your name now ?

I’m sure you’ve looked into it already and your situation seems far more complex, but we can register our own cars ourselves at the DLT (in BKK thats Chatchak DLT which deal with registration).

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Interesting story, its good to see that things went your way.

I’m curious, how can you not register the car in your name now ?

I’m sure you’ve looked into it already and your situation seems far more complex, but we can register our own cars ourselves at the DLT (in BKK thats Chatchak DLT which deal with registration).

They just seem to be very bolshy and determined to use their power to block me. We have had many different reasons for their inactivity. such as it was an illegal import so no duty had been paid on it, we pointed out that it had a Thai VIN number. On the next visit they then explained that obviously it had been made in Thailand, smuggled out and then illegally brought back into the country and therefore no duty was paid.

It was like being trapped in a Monty Python sketch, sheer lunacy, Thai logic gives me a headache!

I would like to get what's owed to me before I die and buy a new Camry. Here's hoping! 

18 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Ford Thailand confirms that 'we will definitely not buy the car back' as the company has not checked the problem as to why. 

https://www.pptvhd36.com/automotive/news/181175

Seems a day later they did a U-turn?

Pay the price to get off the headlines?

https://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish/posts/pfbid0jCRGDo3mPeMvXecHL7xKh5agYwa1U11vcXu613kV8r5zcZXtGnDxj86rHXmxbCFKl

8 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Seems a day later they did a U-turn?

Pay the price to get off the headlines?

https://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish/posts/pfbid0jCRGDo3mPeMvXecHL7xKh5agYwa1U11vcXu613kV8r5zcZXtGnDxj86rHXmxbCFKl

The offer to buy back came with a condition of inspection prior to buy back

According to the news that Tom Korat girl crashed Ford Everest car. There is news that Ford will buy it back. Ford has withdrawn the purchase since the customer doesn't allow Ford to inspect the problems of the car.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RangerClubThailand/permalink/3420509968180365

• Like 1