Woman smashes up her new car in Korat - she's furious with the dealership but no one mentions the company

webfact

19 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Dodgy in Thailand. Best bet is to drive it right outside the company forecourt and proceed with the bashing, as did the woman with the Honda many means ago. Believe she got some restitution? 

True but unless you know the company and location it is not exactly shaming them.

49 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Well my Fixed Or Repaired Daily Ranger 4 door, 4WD turbo diesel Ranger pickup will be 21 years old in December and has 448,xxx km on the clock. It still rattles on as most Fords do with little C&M and the odd wash and brush up most years.

this one time at band camp.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Why didn't she sell the car, like duh? instead taking on a large company and the authorities, sell this piece of <deleted> and move on, unless you get kicks out being on social media going nuts  wracking cars... 

She didn't want to lumber anyone else with this lemon. Lady of principle and integrity. Need people like her in politics.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"I can't stand it any more," she told the media. So I decided to smash it up so that the company will really know how I feel. It was a new car but it has meant nothing but repairs. I will let them repair it then I'm going to sell it and get what I can for it. Then I'm going to buy a new one".

Such a sensible act. Such common sense and reason, and such a clear head. Huh? I can think of a dozen ways of approaching this problem. I have absolutely zero fear of defamation. One has to fight for what is right, and those laws were written by easily bought and paid for men, by people with tiny hearts, great fear, and tremendous cowardice. I know I could have gotten satisfaction from the company, if it required going right up to the top executives of the company, with my pleas, and if that did not work, threats of major online campaigns. I have done it before. It works, in this day and age. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

"I can't stand it any more," she told the media. So I decided to smash it up so that the company will really know how I feel. It was a new car but it has meant nothing but repairs. I will let them repair it then I'm going to sell it and get what I can for it. Then I'm going to buy a new one".

Such a sensible act. Such common sense and reason, and such a clear head. Huh? I can think of a dozen ways of approaching this problem. I have absolutely zero fear of defamation. One has to fight for what is right, and those laws were written by easily bought and paid for men, by people with tiny hearts, great fear, and tremendous cowardice. I know I could have gotten satisfaction from the company, if it required going right up to the top executives of the company, with my pleas, and if that did not work, threats of major online campaigns. I have done it before. It works, in this day and age. 

Not in Thailand, you will get sued for defamation and the company will just keep adding more law suits to keep you tied up for years.

I'm sure you will remember not too long ago a pineapple juice company did it. I can't remember much but it was something like a Finnish NGO researching low wages for migrants. 

Search for Finnwatch and Andy Hall.

• Like 1

Such a costly silly temper tantrum. Chances are that she didnt buy outright and is paying monthly, so technically the car is not hers. If this is the case its criminal damage. In addition the insurance will not pay out as its self inflicted. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jimn said:

Such a costly silly temper tantrum. Chances are that she didnt buy outright and is paying monthly, so technically the car is not hers. If this is the case its criminal damage. In addition the insurance will not pay out as its self inflicted. 

Edited by Forza2002
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

One clue to potential vehicle owners is too find a list of reliable brands from something like Kelley blue book. Japanese brands seem to be at the top of the list. I have a Mazda and Toyota. Both have had no complaint from me or 'er indoors. 

Screenshot_20220923_161048_Samsung Internet.jpg

It's a Ford car, as Ford has offered to buy the car back. Ford states that vthe problems are caused by "the air-purifier machine independently installed by the owner affects the car's computer system."

Source, Khaosod English via Facebook, link HERE.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

She begged to differ.

The silly Tom begged to differ but omitted to add:

13 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Ford states that vthe problems are caused by "the air-purifier machine independently installed by the owner affects the car's computer system."

Edited by Digitalbanana

19 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

The silly Tom begged to differ but omitted to add:

Ford states that vthe problems are caused by "the air-purifier machine independently installed by the owner affects the car's computer system."

Whew, at least it wasn't solar flares or gremlins!  Could have been her handphone as well, she needs to put it in flight mode when she enters the car.   Ford seems to have wanted to build a plane, but built a car instead!

these defamation laws are absolutely crazy to the point where reporting a crime can see you being sued and jailed by the criminal as happened to that reporter who reported on a big food company using slave labour. Even though the company was found guilty and the employee's were rescued and compensated (due to the brave actions of the reporter), the company then had the reporter jailed for bringing the whole case to light. Absolutely astounds me that this could happen and continues to happen.

• Like 2