British £ has plummeted !

On 9/24/2022 at 3:53 PM, Sparktrader said:

15 years of freebies are over. The pound was massively overvalued before. Welcome to real world.

To a point but yes the currency speculators but believe the Thai Baht is over valued as are other currencies.

5 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

The Bank of England has opted for hyperinflation.

Echoes of 1914 Weimar Republic.

Anyone relying on a pension from UK is in serious bother.

Expect the Euro next and then the Dollar.

Do you think that the UK's inflation rate will go from 10 % to 30 000 % like the Weimar republic ?

Are you an expert in that field ?

On 9/24/2022 at 7:01 AM, Iamfalang said:

From 1792 (coinage act) until 2022...

especially with the trolls from the days of the 1995ish.

the United States Dollar will be WORTHLESS!!!!  Listen world, I am sure...FIAT, SCAM, I AM SURE!!!!

Every year....................................every.......................single.............................year

and yet the UNITED STATES of AMERICA does not care for these predictions...

the Dollar is super strong.....................................how can so many trolls be wrong every year?????

Check my posts.............I called a Thai baht 50 to 1 versus USD.

I'm rich already

Bitcoin under 10,000

Nope I give up. I've tried to grasp what you're on about but have utterly failed...

"Especially with the trolls from the days of the 1995ish"

19 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

He doesn't ever lose , he has studied the topic and learnt how to make money in investing and when to buy and when to sell 

lol I'll give you some statistics as regards Retail traders (such as the poster you refer to)

95% of "traders" get wiped out within 4 years......4% that make profit work for Banks Trading Houses etc.....1% of retail traders make money long term

Whereas 95% of "investors" (buy sit and hold) make money over the same time frames

The poster you refer to quoted me on another thread over Foreign Exchange trying to impart his wisdom......the problem with people bullshighting on the forum is occasionally they come up against people who do actually know what they're talking about lol

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I have just snipped the KBank Forex rate GBP/THB for the last 7 days.

On Monday it sank like a stone and by yesterday it was back to the previous weeks levels.

Odd that, innit?

Screenshot 2022-10-01 115703.jpg

Whats odd about it ???

It was Sterling/Dollar on one side of the currency pairings that took it down when we hit $1.03 and its now reversed back up to around $1.11

Hence Sterling/Baht rebounded nicely

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Whats odd about it ???

It was Sterling/Dollar on one side of the currency pairings that took it down when we hit $1.03 and its now reversed back up to around $1.11

Hence Sterling/Baht rebounded nicely

It is odd if you read all the previous doom and gloom posts on this thread,

• Like 2

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

It is odd if you read all the previous doom and gloom posts on this thread,

The trouble with half the forums readers (in fact all different forums readers for that matter) is they cant grasp that Sterling/Baht has no "direct" exchange rate but is the sum of two pairings

I've given up in the main trying to politely educate Asean Now readers because there are some especially quality dim readers here lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chivas said:

The trouble with half the forums readers (in fact all different forums readers for that matter) is they cant grasp that Sterling/Baht has no "direct" exchange rate but is the sum of two pairings

I've given up in the main trying to politely educate Asean Now readers because there are some especially quality dim readers here lol

The problem with your explanation Chivas is two fold. The first is that you seem obsessed with constantly delivering the same message almost daily although why is unclear. The second is that you only present part of the picture, which I have observed you do from afar for over a year. Your answer is too simple, you make it a appear that the sum is a direct and precise calculation and that's all there is to it, it isn't. The FOREX is not a series of mathematical formulae that spit out precise figures for everyone to follow. As you appear to know but fail to explain, the FOREX establishes relative positions that are indicative of value, the interbank trade determines absolute values. Large dealers, banks and the Central Bank of each country agree the rate at of their particular currency at the morning fix each day, other countries currencies will adjust accordingly but also in line with their own morning fix, unless a hard currency peg is in place of course. The FOREX provides relative positioning, that's all, nothing more.

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

lol I'll give you some statistics as regards Retail traders (such as the poster you refer to)

95% of "traders" get wiped out within 4 years......4% that make profit work for Banks Trading Houses etc.....1% of retail traders make money long term

Whereas 95% of "investors" (buy sit and hold) make money over the same time frames

The poster you refer to quoted me on another thread over Foreign Exchange trying to impart his wisdom......the problem with people bullshighting on the forum is occasionally they come up against people who do actually know what they're talking about lol

Right so what do you know? What are you trading stats?

Above 60% win rate?

48 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Thats bs. The US is largely used for trade but the main factors driving baht and gbp are based on thai and gb not the US.

35 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

The problem with your explanation Chivas is two fold. The first is that you seem obsessed with constantly delivering the same message almost daily although why is unclear. The second is that you only present part of the picture, which I have observed you do from afar for over a year. Your answer is too simple, you make it a appear that the sum is a direct and precise calculation and that's all there is to it, it isn't. The FOREX is not a series of mathematical formulae that spit out precise figures for everyone to follow. As you appear to know but fail to explain, the FOREX establishes relative positions that are indicative of value, the interbank trade determines absolute values. Large dealers, banks and the Central Bank of each country agree the rate at of their particular currency at the morning fix each day, other countries currencies will adjust accordingly but also in line with their own morning fix, unless a hard currency peg is in place of course. The FOREX provides relative positioning, that's all, nothing more.

His message is nonsense. He doesnt understand the basics of currency.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

I have just snipped the KBank Forex rate GBP/THB for the last 7 days.

On Monday it sank like a stone and by yesterday it was back to the previous weeks levels.

Odd that, innit?

Screenshot 2022-10-01 115703.jpg

Told u so. Good dip to buy. The aud did a nice dip too.

Always good trades opposite to the media story.

20 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do you think that the UK's inflation rate will go from 10 % to 30 000 % like the Weimar republic ?

Are you an expert in that field ?

No it will go down next year. Takes 12ths to reduce inflation.

You post a lot of weird stuff.

21 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

He doesn't ever lose , he has studied the topic and learnt how to make money in investing and when to buy and when to sell 

Silly immature comment. A good trading strike rate is 60%. 10 trades win 6, lose 4.

Thats all any trader aims for.

3 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

No it will go down next year. Takes 12ths to reduce inflation.

You post a lot of weird stuff.

A poster compared the UK to the Weimar Republic where the inflation rate was 30 000 and I asked whether he though that that would also happen to the UK 

6 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

And it only cost the BoE £60Bn...

No it didn't .

Another who doesn't understand how it works

The BoE bought assets (bonds , gilts, stocks) worth  £60Bn and they will be sold at a later date .

The BoE invested the money and they will get that money back 

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No it didn't .

Another who doesn't understand how it works

The BoE bought assets (bonds , gilts, stocks) worth  £60Bn and they will be sold at a later date .

The BoE invested the money and they will get that money back 

Of course I understand how it works - been investing for 40 years. Yes, they should get the money back - doesn't change the fact they had to change policy and spend the money though.....thanks to Kamikwazi Kwarteng's schoolboy errors.

On Wednesday last week the BoE printed £B65 to

prop up the bond market, but it hasn't worked too

well as the spread is enormouse, so in effect the

final salary pensions is still at risk. Printing money

in double digit inflation aint going to work.

What do you think?

I believe they are destroying the Fiat to make way

for CBDC.

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

On Wednesday last week the BoE printed £B65 to

prop up the bond market, but it hasn't worked too

well as the spread is enormouse, so in effect the

final salary pensions is still at risk. Printing money

in double digit inflation aint going to work.

What do you think?

I believe they are destroying the Fiat to make way

for CBDC.

The BoE bought some bonds , bonds worth £B65 which will be sold at a later date , hopefully sold for a profit