British £ has plummeted !

It most certainly seems to be a country in decline with a total collapse of the pound a possibility.

The U.K.’s economic and political crises are increasing the risk of a “collapse” in the value of the British pound, which could move close to parity with the dollar, according to Bank of Singapore’s chief economist, Mansoor Mohi-uddin.

From trading around $1.37/£ in mid-January, the pound has been steadily weakening as inflation surges, recession fears build, and industrial pay disputes worsen.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

It most certainly seems to be a country in decline with a total collapse of the pound a possibility.

The U.K.’s economic and political crises are increasing the risk of a “collapse” in the value of the British pound, which could move close to parity with the dollar, according to Bank of Singapore’s chief economist, Mansoor Mohi-uddin.

From trading around $1.37/£ in mid-January, the pound has been steadily weakening as inflation surges, recession fears build, and industrial pay disputes worsen.

Markets always do the opposite. 2 years ago gold was going to 5000$ they said. Went down 15%.

I bet the gbp is higher in 6 months.

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Smart traders bought the low

Doesn't look like that was the low yet, still falling. I wouldn't bet on the GBP at the moment. The UK is facing some difficult times ahead. And the long term trend seems to also not go in its favor.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JayClay said:

LoL I wish.

There is literally nothing on the horizon in the UK which is likely to have any positive impact on the value of the pound. Quite the reverse, in fact.

My concern is that once it dips below the dollar, it will go into freefall.

Worrying times.

Mkts always reverse in doom or gloom.

1 minute ago, chalawaan said:

Yup, we're gonna rub it in. 

Denial isn't helping a bit, is it?

Realise you were scammed, you'll be a better chap for it in the end, according to Kipling. ????

Me, denial, no, and those who wish to "rub it in" for no reason, are posting like 12 year olds........????............????

Glad i did my big money transfer  end of last year 45 baht to the pound

Suspect the pound will still go lower ????

Was here when the pound was $1.05.  = 29 baht to the pound 

Okay things were cheaper then plus the cost of living 

Probably worse for those living in the ???????? 

tourists from the USA  visiting the UK will be happy ????