British £ has plummeted !

1 minute ago, shackleton said:

Glad i did my big money transfer  end of last year 45 baht to the pound

Suspect the pound will still go lower ????

Was here when the pound was $1.05.  = 29 baht to the pound 

Okay things were cheaper then plus the cost of living 

Probably worse for those living in the ???????? 

tourists from the USA  visiting the UK will be happy ???? 

I did mine when it was 69 baht to the pound.....????

• Like 1

From 1792 (coinage act) until 2022...

especially with the trolls from the days of the 1995ish.

the United States Dollar will be WORTHLESS!!!!  Listen world, I am sure...FIAT, SCAM, I AM SURE!!!!

Every year....................................every.......................single.............................year

and yet the UNITED STATES of AMERICA does not care for these predictions...

the Dollar is super strong.....................................how can so many trolls be wrong every year?????

Check my posts.............I called a Thai baht 50 to 1 versus USD.

I'm rich already

Bitcoin under 10,000

Edited by Iamfalang

56 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

Brexit got done. 

Or did Britain get done?

Still the GBP not at lowest yet but very near it and 41 to the pound and was as many know 73 to the pound 15 years ago and we on frozen state piddly state pension

GBP-THB

Where do you look for forecasts?

I've used poundf.co.uk before, latest predictions are down, over next few days, weeks, months, years

eg Monday forecast min 38.91, max 40.09, rate 39.50

and heading mostly down the rest of the year, Nov close 37.15

I'd like to compare other forecasts, pretty much all mainstream UK news is all doom and gloom today.

Whats predicted to happen next week when trading opens on Monday?

On 9/24/2022 at 4:46 PM, digital said:

GBP-THB

Where do you look for forecasts?

I've used poundf.co.uk before, latest predictions are down, over next few days, weeks, months, years

eg Monday forecast min 38.91, max 40.09, rate 39.50

and heading mostly down the rest of the year, Nov close 37.15

I'd like to compare other forecasts, pretty much all mainstream UK news is all doom and gloom today.

Whats predicted to happen next week when trading opens on Monday?

There's no such thing as a useable currency forecast, all those sites do is extrapolate current levels and trends. Go back and look at the Sterling forecasts of a week ago and see what they forecast then, 6, 12 and 24 months on and you'll see what I mean, they will be the exact opposite of todays forecasts.

• Thanks 1

I got 40.7 with wise last night, wasn't sure what would happen this morning so only did my normal transfer.

Did the Uk govt not expect this to happen? Kwasi is making no comment at all about it, he doesn't comment about markets ! He did say though there are more tax cuts to come.

I don't get what's going on, BoE is upping rates to control spending and inflation, Govt is cutting taxes, surely they are working against each other. Weak pound will only add to inflation and higher interest rates.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, digital said:

I got 40.7 with wise last night, wasn't sure what would happen this morning so only did my normal transfer.

Did the Uk govt not expect this to happen? Kwasi is making no comment at all about it, he doesn't comment about markets ! He did say though there are more tax cuts to come.

I don't get what's going on, BoE is upping rates to control spending and inflation, Govt is cutting taxes, surely they are working against each other. Weak pound will only add to inflation and higher interest rates.

USD is abnormally strong, it will weaken in due course and the rate against the Pound will improve, 1.04 is not a normal GBP/USD exchange rate. In the meantime, UK exports will more attractive plus the UK will attract more overseas business, expect bankers to return to the City. And yes, higher interest rates are overdue, that also will strengthen the Pound.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stocky said:

La-la-land - bitcoin 'hard money' give me a break.

4 hours ago, Stocky said:

La-la-land - bitcoin 'hard money' give me a break.

Perhaps offer something that might support your comment rather than just mocking my post.

The traction it has occurred over the last 12 years is simply amazing and undenaiably impressive.

No down time, no expansion of monetary policy everyone comes round to the idea eventually, started with one user 12 years ago, now has over 100m. How did that happen?

37 minutes ago, ed strong said:

Perhaps offer something that might support your comment rather than just mocking my post.

Support? 
It's Bitcoin that lacks any support not my comments!

Beyond someone else willing to buy it from you, what is the fundamental support for Bitcoin?

Edited by Stocky
  • Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Delight said:

The only hope for the UK economy is an export boom

Maybe this sterling devaluation was engineered to create this opportunity.

Very Risky.

You could well be right, but I wonder if they factored in the danger that these cheap exports would earn less harder currencies in return.

Imports will of course cost more, like fuels, maybe that was part of the thinking.

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

Support? 
It's Bitcoin that lacks any support not my comments!

Beyond someone else willing to buy it from you, what is the fundamental support for Bitcoin?

Look at history to know the future, everything has become digital, look at how are conversing now compared to 20 years ago.

I will be able to (can) send 50 cents anywhere in the world pretty much instant for less than a cent. The use case for micropayment is huge and pay as you go type payments, will become alot more relevant in the future.

I appreciate some of the older folk have a difficult time understanding new technologies (digital value / transfer) and their impact however if you are unable to find one thing positive or see anything worthwhile then i say to do some research, its certainly a rabbit hole.

It all started in the 80's but no one was able to produce a workable product, untill 2009 when that changed by Satoshi solving the double spend problem.

Its was a huge moment!

On 9/23/2022 at 3:17 PM, Sparktrader said:

Time to buy

Media always wrong

Yep! Recently everything was down with the exeption of the US$. Global Stocks and certain commodities are close to important support-levels. Making a modest "upward-bounce" likely. To be used to add to short positions. As a hedge, long Copper, in case the markets decide that the economic problems of the world have vanished overnight.