Cheap Charlies Opening In Naklua.....

piston broke

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

It's like going to a cafeteria or college dining hall in the West. In other words just bland stuff that has no spice or kick to it or stuff that's mass produced and microwaved (like a TV dinner).

Come on that's a load of rubbish, find one other person that thinks that? pretty decent inexpensive food, just child meal size often that's the negative

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Perhaps they do not like Thai food, or have aversions to too much sugar, MSG or spicey food gives them issues. Maybe they don't like to see the dishes being washed in a small bowl of filthy water or have dogs wandering around them, or cannot communicate with the staff. Not so difficult to figure out....

CC's is cheap food compared to most Western food places.

I still can't figure it out ????.

Someone washing dishes does not bother me, seeing a dog is Ok, I can point at the menu or ask for help or even learn some food names in Thai, and I don't have a mysterious disease that prevents me from liking Thai food which is some of the best in the world according to many people. Any other excuses?

On 9/24/2022 at 12:06 PM, scubascuba3 said:

The problem with CC is their portion size is children size, i have to eat before or after i go. * There are exceptions, roast dinner, half chicken and chips

Even the big breakfast with coffee included ?

19 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Someone washing dishes does not bother me, seeing a dog is Ok, I can point at the menu or ask for help or even learn some food names in Thai, and I don't have a mysterious disease that prevents me from liking Thai food which is some of the best in the world according to many people. Any other excuses?

I know quite a lot of guys who don't like Thai food. So for that reason CCs becomes their regular go to place. I personally do not want to see dogs wandering about as it is a hygiene concern.... Also a menu written only in Thai is not going to work. Don't lump me in with that group, I eat nearly all Thai food... but I can see people becoming regulars there, like in a pub back home. which was the original comment of yours. Seems a popular place each time I stroll past. 

8 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Maybe it's a second outlet.

Perhaps "Cheap Charlies 2." 

It would be number 3; they have opened a 2nd branch on Soi 5 in Jomtien. Pretty busy during Immigration opening hours, not sure about weekends, bank holidays and evening hours.

On 9/26/2022 at 11:09 AM, JimTripper said:

I usually eat Thai food and dont mind the dogs etc. I just think Thai food has been ruined by their sugar addiction. Whatever I eat has that same taste of too  sugar. All the flavours that made it famous are gone.  I ask them not too put it in but sometimes I forget or they forget and I cant eat it. 

12 hours ago, champers said:

It would be number 3; they have opened a 2nd branch on Soi 5 in Jomtien. Pretty busy during Immigration opening hours, not sure about weekends, bank holidays and evening hours.

Perhaps Cheap Charlies will become a franchise all over Thailand in the future.  ????