Committed Bangkokian Rooster joins the bumpkins up country - and comments on “oneupma’amship”

webfact

1 minute ago, GreasyFingers said:

Thanks Rooster. Now all you have to do is convince the other 5 million Bangkokians to never come up to our country areas. They are really a pain in the a, cannot drive, clog up our roads as if it is Bangkok and love noisy karaoke at all hours when they cannot sing a note.

Love city people as long as they stay there.

He’s trying, what more can you ask ?

????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry Rooster you could not pay me enough to live 24/7 in Bangkok.I'll share with you a story that cemented the idea of NEVER living there,caught a taxi to the train station it took 2 and one half hours to get there!I promised myself that day to never live in Bngkok. I've been back plenty of times to visit the wife's family and like you i tolerate it for a few days tops then it's time to get the hell outta Dodge.

Then there's the pollution.It is brutal in the dry season and the traffic jams are still as horrendous as that day in the taxi.  Thx but no thx ,i;ll pass.

Edited by Canuckluck
clarity
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

Im assuming that 90% of your post was a blatant wind up so have disregarded it , surprised though that the mods have allowed such blatant trolling.

As for the part attacking her majesties funeral , and the British royal family in general, the irony does not escape me.

I would have thought after 40 years residence in Bangkok , you would be more aware of the scope of Thailands Les Majestes law.

Is it true the Les Majestes law covers disrespecting any Royal in the world not just Thai royalty? Perhaps not intended but can be interpreted that way?

On 9/24/2022 at 8:27 AM, webfact said:

They mostly seem to be retirees without any money. So I guess they have no alternative but to pretend that living in the sticks is the way to go.

How dare you categorize all, stay in your filthy smog filled city if that's what you want, I live on Koh Chang and the beaches are kept clean by resorts, and my wife is a trash hero who gives up her time to clear other islands. Oh and I have enough Money without having to work, something you should have thought about in your youth ! Please don't come to KC again. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, off road pat said:

Unsurprisingly, Rooster has almost no friends and loves solitude and playing Scrabble against himself. 

needs to keep off that Weed i think he can shove his BKK up his A## now for other provinces not being up to his liking .. don't need you in Phetchabun decent farangs only 

And next time you want to criticize the the forces that did our Queen proud...put some boots on go join them at the front Mr Bangkok.. 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Must be the 'Yank" in me - but I only counted 3 people that recognized Roosters' 'Tongue in Cheek' rhetoric.  He is (what do the Brits say??)  'Having you on', as he knew this would elicit a lot of continued rhetorical comments..............as for Up-Country??  Great place to visit, and jumpo off from but I wouldn't want to live there more than half a year or so             Peace