Committed Bangkokian Rooster joins the bumpkins up country - and comments on “oneupma’amship”

webfact

On 9/24/2022 at 8:27 AM, webfact said:

Everybody loves him, obviously far more than miserable, complaining Rooster.

Yes, cities are much more conducive for your type .    

The funny thing is how many members fell for your click bait post .   

oh well.........  being slick is a city thing          thanks for the entertainment

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DBath said:

So, you’re saying waste and pollution is a problem, but you’re okay with living in it?

Unfortunately I'm not living in Thailand at the moment, and I never said that I'm ok with living in it, I just said that Thailand is beatiful even if it should be cleaner.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, DBath said:
3 hours ago, Filippo M said:

Unfortunately I'm not living in Thailand at the moment, and I never said that I'm ok with living in it, I just said that Thailand is beatiful even if it should be cleaner.

I found Thailand to be a great place to vacation, but not to live as a resident. I was first there in 2018, then moved there at the start of covid in March 2020. For my wife and me it really came down to the pollution and overall poor state of infrastructure among other things. We spent most of our 2 years in Thailand living in Bangkok, Koh Chang and Hua Hin. We moved to Spain a little over a year ago and we love it here. This is where we plan to stay, because it checks all the boxes for us.

I'm happy for you...I'm in Monza ( Italy ) so we are almost "neighbors". ????

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 2:20 PM, Lacessit said:

I'd rather chew razor blades than live in Bangkok, too many people.

I'm not sure where Rooster gets his data on smoke pollution in Chiang Mai, the API hasn't got over 50 this year thanks to unending rain since Songkhran. Perhaps he is addicted to the more civilized diesel fumes of Bangkok.

Be of good cheer, fellow country bumpkins. Those rains are heading for Bangkok, giving Rooster something else to bitch about when he has to park his car on an overpass.

What car? They cost money!

Good for you, Rooster. Nice one to see the pot stirred and some silly comments.

Relax lads, it's all in a days fun and I for sure enjoyed the read.

Yes....not only the UK, but why in earth are the ozzies still clinging to the commonwealth  in 2022?? And the queen's head on their currency ( Canada too). For goodness sake have some backbone....have you no home grown hero's for your notes?? 

Edited by harleyclarkey
  • Like 1

Critics or crickets, I like crickets better. Thanks for updating me on the news Rooster.

I live in Canada, and when most England Royals visit Canada, us tax payers pay for their visit.

Even if the Royal family is one of the top ten richest families in the world.  We had 10 days of mostly news of

the Queen, so I am glad that is all over with. We taxpayers pay for our rich governor generals as well, how lucky are we.                                                   Keep those pictures going Hey, and would you post one with your self with sun glasses on, or a side pic like Alfred Hitchcock of old?

I am always ready to get back to any city after a trip to the country side and having the roosters

or other critters waking me up way too early. Since I retired, I do like sleeping in a bit.  Thanks

Harvey M

On 9/26/2022 at 8:39 AM, Kinok Powell said:

Was quite enjoying this and agreeing with a lot of it til the "lack of cultural diversity at the Queens funeral" bit,then realised (like most lads on here) that you are a nob.

On 10/1/2022 at 6:03 PM, Freed1948 said:

MIA again?????

Leave my wife put of this please.

Rooster

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Just in case you are not up on the local lingo, it's a multi-lingual play on words..

Mia is Thai for "wife"

I am well aware of that, but he was only trying to be clever. Play on words not withstanding there is difference between MIA and mia. Just so you both know I didn't crack a smile with his reply.

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2022 at 5:21 AM, Bobtheblob said:

Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed today.

No, the cockerel  crowed into his cups and we all thought he was heading for the firesticks.