Student "sex creator" leaves luxury condo in a stinking mess

webfact

15 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Landlords in Kingston rent out to student parents.  That way the parents are liable for anything that goes wrong.  Also, it gives the landlord the right to report anything happening in the apartment to the parents directly. Works like a charm when mom and dad and their credit rating is on the line.

Jamaica?

When I see this what comes across is " just because you can own property don't mean your should "

Yes the renter is trash but it is the owner need to take some responsibility or control on her property instead just eager to rent it out. Contracts here In Thailand are signed especially by Thais without caring what is inked. 

Ownership is not being absent then screaming bloody murder after. Now go after her instead of begging  her online to come back.

34 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

I guess you are right about them being repeat offenders. Still, to make this room that dirty must take months. Months of living among trash... It's just mind blowing.

Good point, seems to me folks who make such a mess have a specific mindset which automatically defines actions / lack of actions, resulting in the pictured mess.

For years I worked with a farang in Bkk who kept a very dirty work area. He did good/valuble work, the Thai boss accepted his mess and one of his assistants continously cleaned up.

Then he invited several farang colleagues to his quite big 2 bed apartment for a birthday party for his gf. He hired S&P for the catering (food and drinks). 

I arrived with 2 other work colleagues about 5 minutes before the agred time. None of us had been to the apartment before. We walked in and we all looked at each other. For a couple of minutes nobody spoke. A minute later the S&P folks arrived (a supervisor, a chef and 3 waiters). The S&P supervisor asked the Thai GF 'where can we work to prepare the plates of food?', Answer 'on the floor'.

In reality all the tables, bench tops, sink area etc., were covered with old dirty plates, good scraps, cutlery, empty food containers, dozens of bottles of full/empty body lotions, make up items etc.

The S&P supvr checked for any further clean plates, cutlery and drinking glasses. None, all dirty. S&P guy called the nearest S&P restaurant and asked then to quickly deliver plates, cutlery, glasses and a maid to help with clean up. 

All the guests were standing up, nobody wanted to sit down because all the chairs, sofas were piled with dirty smelling laundry. All of the time the guy who lived in the apartment and his GF made no attempt to move anything so guests could sit doen or to clear an area for food/drink preparation.

The bathroom was just as dirty, mould and dried soap scum everyehere, dozens of old discintergrating toothpaste packages and empty t'paste tubes, old soap wrappings, remains of bars of soap all over the floor and maybe 10 dirty smelly towels draped over bathroom fittings.

One of my colleagues quietly asked 'do you have a maid?' Answer 'No, what for'.

One of the work colleague guests said quietly 'i'm leaving, I can't cope with this and I don't want to eat food which had been left lyingon the floor'. (At one point the gf too k many pieces of cooked chicken from an S&P container and just put them on the floor. Why? She wanted the S&P container to make a second ice bucket). 

As soon as the work quest said 'I'm leaving' everybody fled. 

Next day party boy arrives and gets on with his work, nothing mentioned by anybody about the previous day.

Quite an experience. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Good point, seems to me folks who make such a mess have a specific mindset which automatically defines actions / lack of actions, resulting in the pictured mess.

For years I worked with a farang in Bkk who kept a very dirty work area. He did good/valuble work, the Thai boss accepted his mess and one of his assistants continously cleaned up.

Then he invited several farang colleagues to his quite big 2 bed apartment for a birthday party for his gf. He hired S&P for the catering (food and drinks). 

I arrived with 2 other work colleagues about 5 minutes before the agred time. None of us had been to the apartment before. We walked in and we all looked at each other. For a couple of minutes nobody spoke. A minute later the S&P folks arrived (a supervisor, a chef and 3 waiters). The S&P supervisor asked the Thai GF 'where can we work to prepare the plates of food?', Answer 'on the floor'.

In reality all the tables, bench tops, sink area etc., were covered with old dirty plates, good scraps, cutlery, empty food containers, dozens of bottles of full/empty body lotions, make up items etc.

The S&P supvr checked for any further clean plates, cutlery and drinking glasses. None, all dirty. S&P guy called the nearest S&P restaurant and asked then to quickly deliver plates, cutlery, glasses and a maid to help with clean up. 

All the guests were standing up, nobody wanted to sit down because all the chairs, sofas were piled with dirty smelling laundry. All of the time the guy who lived in the apartment and his GF made no attempt to move anything so guests could sit doen or to clear an area for food/drink preparation.

The bathroom was just as dirty, mould and dried soap scum everyehere, dozens of old discintergrating toothpaste packages and empty t'paste tubes, old soap wrappings, remains of bars of soap all over the floor and maybe 10 dirty smelly towels draped over bathroom fittings.

One of my colleagues quietly asked 'do you have a maid?' Answer 'No, what for'.

One of the work colleague guests said quietly 'i'm leaving, I can't cope with this and I don't want to eat food which had been left lyingon the floor'. (At one point the gf too k many pieces of cooked chicken from an S&P container and just put them on the floor. Why? She wanted the S&P container to make a second ice bucket). 

As soon as the work quest said 'I'm leaving' everybody fled. 

Next day party boy arrives and gets on with his work, nothing mentioned by anybody about the previous day.

Quite an experience. 

????????

I think I would have left upon arriving, pretending to be on the phone with an emergency. I would have missed quite the party though...

1 minute ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

????????

I think I would have left upon arriving, pretending to be on the phone with an emergency. I would have missed quite the party though...

Good idea, in reality we did all leave within 10 minutes. There was a few minutes of whispered converstaion 'should we offer to help clean up' which got an immediate negative response.

A week later the birthday boy mentioned that:

- 2 more people arrived and left quickly.

- The S&P food, extra plates, cutlery etc., and a maid cost him around 2,000Baht and he also mentioned 'I told the maid 'don't clean anything, it's not needed'. 

- A further item re the mess; we all noticed many dirty plastic bags pushed under the chairs and sofas, bags used to bring precooked meals home from street vendors. 

- Later discussion brought the realisation that luckily none of the guests had seen inside the fridge. 

On 9/24/2022 at 5:41 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Kingston in London ?

There are more students than available  rooms these days 

Kingston, Ontario Canada but it would still work in London.  The fact that there are more renters than properties means that landlords can be more picky.  Rent only to parents means that you have someone that has money that you can sue for damages.

In Kingston parents liked it because it mean that if there was another means to keep track of their child's actions.  Landlords keep a close eye and inspect the buildings a lot more

18 hours ago, scorecard said:

Good idea, in reality we did all leave within 10 minutes. There was a few minutes of whispered converstaion 'should we offer to help clean up' which got an immediate negative response.

A week later the birthday boy mentioned that:

- 2 more people arrived and left quickly.

- The S&P food, extra plates, cutlery etc., and a maid cost him around 2,000Baht and he also mentioned 'I told the maid 'don't clean anything, it's not needed'. 

- A further item re the mess; we all noticed many dirty plastic bags pushed under the chairs and sofas, bags used to bring precooked meals home from street vendors. 

- Later discussion brought the realization that luckily none of the guests had seen inside the fridge. 

My father god rest his soul just before he died lived in a 1 bedroom apartment, smoked like a chimney and really did not care about his life at all.  I, unfortunately, was out of the country but a friend used to go visit him and give him <deleted> once3 a month.  The friend made him clean the living room and bedroom and take out the garbage. 

For most of his life he had always had either someone else to clean for him or was in the military where they would not let him make a mess.

The problem these days is that no one is taught personal responsibility.  Yes, my mom used to make my bed and do my laundry BUT I still had to clean my room to their standards.

Today kids have mom and dad coddling them Mom may mention that Johnny is s a slob but they never make Johny do anything.

Same in Thailand parents do not teach responsibility schools do not teach responsibility and the government does ot teach it.  

Add to that thai girl that are pretty get treated like princesses and can do no wrong.

Another reason I would rather invest my extra money than be a land lord of any property.

I have had several friends who were and still landlords, and all have some horror stories

like this one. It is amazing how some people can live like an animal and live with all the stench

that garbage creates. My one friend had pictures of his one tenant, and put the pictures with a bar across the eyes.

But most people in the small place recognized the creep anyway, and he had to move out of the

area shortly after that. 

3 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Another reason I would rather invest my extra money than be a land lord of any property

Agree, it's tough being a landlord, I've had no issues renting out my properties in Thailand. 

It happens alot in Australia.. 

I had an investment property on the Gold Coast, Burleigh Waters. 

The tenants turn it into a hydraphonic marijuana plantation.

They did $10000 damage. 

I had landlord's insurance, Sad thing was my insurer, St George Bank did not cover malicious damage. ????

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

14 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

I have had several friends who were and still landlords, and all have some horror stories

like this one.

Sure, but for every horror story there must be many success stories where someone has basically got an income, and pretty much a free house, from doing almost nothing.  You can see the temptation.