Health Ministry to Stop Reporting Daily COVID Cases on Oct 1

webfact

They were never reporting the correct numbers anyway.

There's actually more 10,000 cases a day and many more deaths.  

Hopefully they'll still be some records of it to report to the World Health Organization.

Now that Anutin is running for PM only good news can be reported when it comes to Thailand's Health matters.

Ludicrous! 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, anrcaccount said:

This is a good move that many other nations have done.

It helps take the focus off Covid, including reducing media reporting, which helps society move on. 

It's also simply not worth the effort of daily reporting anymore. 

Good sign the pandemic is ending. 

We can concentrate on PM 2.5 and road deaths again...

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

A bit harsh.  Nothing stopping them reporting numbers to WHO, but it's ridiculous to dramatically announce them to the country every day.  Time to move on.

What's dramatic about it?

Unless you look it up it's not readily available in any case.

Just as anything Thailand Health Ministry is got it's head in the sand.

Hopefully you agree on that.

Good time to stop reporting inaccurate numbers while the Health Minister begins his run for Prime Minister.

Report or not the Pandemic is still here and could mutate at anytime. 

• Like 2

Now, maybe, kids can go to school without masks! I'm not holding my breath.

This needs to happen, I can't believe bangkok schools are still mandating this in the classroom - most allow playground activities demuzzled, unfortunately its not just POH and auntin singing masks for the good of the people, there was  even some teachers in another thread this week pushing their promask for eternity (or have they choosen their own date) agenda

• Like 2

5 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I don't think anyone is saying Covid19 is disappearing or has disappeared.  It's just another infectious disease to be aware of and will remain so forever.  The thread is about whether we need to have statistics announced every day, which fortunately the Thai government has finally decided we don't.

Now, maybe, kids can go to school without masks! I'm not holding my breath.

Exactly!  For healthy people who've been vaccinated, Covid is no longer a major threat, which, for all its faults, the UK has done correctly.

I went and got my 4th shot yesterday (Autumn booster) and it was being given alongside influenza shots. THAT shows that Covid, though a serious illness for some people, can and should be treated just like 'flu.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, SpanishExpat said:

Covid itself is not over, but it’s definitely over as life-threatening virus. 

i know Thailand won’t do it, but with some rational thinking I would like to hear a 100% clear statement that masks are NOT needed outdoors, that all those people on tv stop wearing masks and so on. 

everyone can decide it on their own, but we all know that most Thai people just wear it due to the social pressure no mask = bad person. 

would be especially an improvement for the kids, as there are still enough idiotic thai parents who let their kids play with a mask on the beach. 

Spot on.

An affirmative statement that masks are no longer needed  in most settings needs to come from public health and government authority.

It looks as if this may happen at local government level e.g Bangkok first. 

As for anyone on TV still makd wearing, that's gone beyond a joke and really should end soon.

• Like 1