Anti-COVID nasal spray to be available from October 1st

snoop1130

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is interesting...  marketed as an ‘anti-covid nasal spray’... 

Would this ‘coating’ in the nasal cavity also work for other respiratory viruses such as the common cold an influenza (my initial thought is that it may). 

This could be an interesting product to use on flights to prevent picking up flu and colds as well.

I wonder what else is ‘in there’ as this Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose, otherwise known as Hypromellose is simply an emulsifier type substance used in many items such as eyedrops. 

The ‘human antibodies’ part...  is that actual delivery of an antigen ?

Yes I think it may be good for the flu as well. I am plan a long bus trip in November so this sounds great as covid is still around along with the flu. Now all we need to know is where we could buy it?

• Haha 1

On 9/28/2022 at 6:37 AM, Jonathan Swift said:

I would like to know the name of this antibody and read the patent, any ideas what it is?

I did some searches and kept finding articles about Nitric Oxide and COVID nasal sprays

A company named 'SaNOtize' popped up. They talk about Nitric Oxide (NO) a lot and it's in their company name.

all in english, not a single word in thai?

japanese have their cetylpiridinium chloride. 

Unfortunately, Cepacol Original lozenges did disappear from thailand sometimes at the beginning of this year.

No any other medicine available.

Nobody can explain, why it was withdrawn from the market. Not any reason.

As somebody has mentioned - iodine also protects against covid

With Moderna, Pfeizer, etc it was practically impossible the first year and a half to get these vaccines in Thailand despite safety protocols in the USA and Europe. The GPO, government, etc we're blocking life saving medicine.

Now some Thai medicine with basically no trials pops up and you can get it at your local 7/11 no problem.

I wonder who owns this company.

Hope nobody buys it and they go bust. 

• Like 1

It's quite fascinating how much time and effort has been spent finding solutions to covid that people can take all year round to "prevent" covid, and how much little time and effort has been spent finding solutions to deal with covid once someone has it.   

A cynical person (unlike myself who of course firmly believes big pharma puts peoples health before profits) may even suspect profiteering motives for these kind of pursuits and I personally cannot wait until we have Netflix style subscriptions to big pharma so they can keep us healthy with their preventative medications for whatever comes next.   Fingers crossed they come up with a climate change nasal spray soon!     

• Thumbs Up 2

I will give it a miss thanks after having all three vaccines my immune system deteriorated so much I was ill for more than 3 weeks in that time I took 10 separate Covid tests all being negative . Now having treatment by way of acupuncture which seems to have sorted the problem out . Would be interesting to know if this nasal spray has got world wide approval or is it just a local remedy 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I will give it a miss thanks after having all three vaccines my immune system deteriorated so much I was ill for more than 3 weeks in that time I took 10 separate Covid tests all being negative . Now having treatment by way of acupuncture which seems to have sorted the problem out . Would be interesting to know if this nasal spray has got world wide approval or is it just a local remedy 

Just 3? Shouldn't everyone be on their 5th or 6th jab by now as recommended by world class scientists and top government officials and exemplified by Auntin himself?

Of course I'm being sarcastic, you'd have to be brainwished to the max to continue chasing this elusive immunity by just one more jab every four months.. some people here are on their 7th and planning their 8th good grief

Edited by mnomad

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He explained that the spray is capable of preventing coronavirus from attaching to the internal surfaces of the nasal cavity, thanks to the coating substance Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose (HPMC) it contains, which reduces the viral load in the cavity.

Okay, the director of the producing company and also a doctor highlights the function of a simple emulsifier while on the package it says "contains human antibodies". I smell a big scam....

Of course the money-making has to continue after there's no more interest in temp sensors, hand sanitizer and masks.

But covid-scared Thais gonna love it and spend all their money....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

The Thai medical and research profession is among the best in the world, better in most respects than the US, where I'm from.

You must live in Amazing Thailand: I was there, once, but, it faded into mundane Thailand. Not that I am ... complaining.

~0:37;

• Like 1
  • Haha 1