Giving 1 star to a restaurant in Muang Kao.

Kwasaki

5 minutes ago, pagallim said:

As I understand it:

You (Kwasaki) own a bar/restaurant.   In your village, someone else opened another bar/restaurant.

You (Kwasaki) decided to visit the new establishment, and having ordered beer (no mention of food) thought that it was 'expensive' and thought it best that you share this information on-line.     Can't quite understand this, as pretty much all 'village' beers are priced within a few baht of each other.

Having thought the beer (again no mention of food) was expensive, you (Kwasaki) decide to go on-line and complain.   Hey, the new bar/restaurant owner comes around to query your complaint and you (Kwasaki) thinks it's a good idea to abuse  him.

You (Kwasaki) need to grow up.   Pathetic.

You are weird are you not maybe you are a friend of his ???? you need to learn how to read an opening post.

I'm retired I wouldn't be so stupid as to open a restaurant in our village maybe he has realized that and hence his bad behaviour.

People I know have eaten there but my hasty 1 star rating was over beer price which was harsh hence the removal of the 1 star rating.

It is you that is Pathetic and an apology is not needed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Funny true story a geezer opened a restaurant in our village and I went there once try to talk to the owner and got blanked, his wife on the other hand was very friendly, the girl staff at the time served me beer and then presented with the bill and the beer was very expensive. 

Always look at the menu and price BEFORE ordering anything and don't order anything if you think that its too expensive and also the restaurant owner isnt required to meet and talk to you , that isn't included in the price  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Always look at the menu and price BEFORE ordering anything and don't order anything if you think that its too expensive   

True.

I hope English people never encounter a hotel mini-bar. The....the outrage.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

It might have been better if you had also left a comment saying why you had only given one star.

At least that way he could see why and could rectify the problem if he so desired.

Fair call my bad I realized that now, have forgotten how sensitive some people can be. 

That's why I edit remove the 1 star. 

11 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah my mates said that I shouldn't use my real name on Google when giving star ratings.

I'm gonna rate anything any more.

My mates all wanted to know the name of the restaurant to give it one star I said no way.

They have problems enough in the village now because of Thai gossip thats gonna be bad enough.

Good advice, in this day and age. Especially here with the weak and cowardly defamation laws. It is very easy to set up multiple Gmail accounts. Always wise to create some layers of insulation. If the owner or the authorities want to track you down, at least make it hard work for them. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

You are weird are you not maybe you are a friend of his ???? you need to learn how to read an opening post.

I'm retired I wouldn't be so stupid as to open a restaurant in our village maybe he has realized that and hence his bad behaviour.

People I know have eaten there but my hasty 1 star rating was over beer price which was harsh hence the removal of the 1 star rating.

To be fair i could barely understand your opening post. Got the general drift, but seemed like you wrote it after having a few beverages.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Quote from the OP

"Some time after that the owner and his wife came and sat in my pub restaurant"  (my bolding)

Seems to indicate that you had at least an interest in it even if not the owner..

Note I don't know the other establishment and consider my reading ability ok.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Does anybody know what one star from Michelin might mean on the Google star scale? 

All star systems seem inflated. 

How does one objectively measure taste? 

The star system is the ultimate in stupidity. 

If you really want to have a five-star meal, then why not first live on tree bark for a month. 

Sometimes I wonder about whether or not we might still have left any sense of proportion in our lives. 

Maybe one might read a book written by Edgar Snow, "Red Star Over China", in order to know how important a star might be.

I am just so nonplussed by Google's star system. 

The stupidity and the insensitivity of guys at Google boggles my mind. 

In just a few decades, we go from Grapes of Wrath, and women dying on the roadside, eating tree bark, and please re-read The Good Earth, to reporting on The Spotted Pig. Please check Vanity Fair. 

Personally, I stopped going to rated restaurants many years ago. 

Why? 

Because I know that you and I are presently living in the sweet spot between feast and famine. 

Sure, you might maintain that it can't happen to me. 

But then, you are mistaken. 

Besides the books written by Edgar Snow, I have also read all the books by Upton Sinclair. Such a great muckraker was he. 

Maybe this is why I don't like stars. 

Next time you go to a star-rated Michelin restaurant, maybe best to also consider if your child's GPA has been equally inflated. 

And then, while chowing down at table, why not discuss the inflationary nature of our universe. 

Yes. Because, not only can most of you not understand Cosmology from Cosmetology, your tastebuds are equally dumb at discriminating one brand of cola from another. 

Bias is a wonderful thing.

The best kind of bias is confirmation bias, IMHO. 

It's always convenient for bending reality to our every whim. 

Timothy Leary... 

Timothy Leary. 

Edited by GammaGlobulin

39 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Does anybody know what one star from Michelin might mean on the Google star scale? 

All star systems seem inflated. 

How does one objectively measure taste? 

The star system is the ultimate in stupidity. 

If you really want to have a five-star meal, then why not first live on tree bark for a month. 

Sometimes I wonder about whether or not we might still have left any sense of proportion in our lives. 

Maybe one might read a book written by Edgar Snow, "Red Star Over China", in order to know how important a star might be.

I am just so nonplussed by Google's star system. 

The stupidity and the insensitivity of guys at Google boggles my mind. 

In just a few decades, we go from Grapes of Wrath, and women dying on the roadside, eating tree bark, and please re-read The Good Earth, to reporting on The Spotted Pig. Please check Vanity Fair. 

Personally, I stopped going to rated restaurants many years ago. 

Why? 

Because I know that you and I are presently living in the sweet spot between feast and famine. 

Sure, you might maintain that it can't happen to me. 

But then, you are mistaken. 

Besides the books written by Edgar Snow, I have also read all the books by Upton Sinclair. Such a great muckraker was he. 

Maybe this is why I don't like stars. 

Next time you go to a star-rated Michelin restaurant, maybe best to also consider if your child's GPA has been equally inflated. 

And then, while chowing down at table, why not discuss the inflationary nature of our universe. 

Yes. Because, not only can most of you not understand Cosmology from Cosmetology, your tastebuds are equally dumb at discriminating one brand of cola from another. 

Bias is a wonderful thing.

The best kind of bias is confirmation bias, IMHO. 

It's always convenient for bending reality to our every whim. 

Timothy Leary... 

Timothy Leary. 

Every new post of yours get much weirder than the last. But they are funny to read (but only once, then delete). Strange character.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smutcakes said:

To be fair i could barely understand your opening post. Got the general drift, but seemed like you wrote it after having a few beverages.

Glad you got the drift of the post smuty.

Yeah you have me caught out,  I had 2 large bottles Chang beers 1 at a shop with seats outside @52 baht one in what I call my pub @ 60 baht.

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Fair call my bad I realized that now, have forgotten how sensitive some people can be

It's not a case of being sensitive. Rightly or wrongly (wrongly...) a 1 star review, especially for a new business, has serious implications on search rankings and customer outreach and it takes a lot of 5-star reviews to redress the balance.

While the owners reaction may have been over the top, your review was not justified (as you have since acknowledged, so fair play to you on that point, at least)

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

You mentioned 'my pub/restaurant' in your OP and others giving the impression that you DID own one

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, couchpotato said:

Every new post of yours get much weirder than the last. But they are funny to read (but only once, then delete). Strange character.

One can delete the truth, short time, mainly through defense mechanisms. 

However, over years, if one continues to deny reality, one, sooner or later, may end up on the couch of the cheapest psychoanalyst, at USD150.00 per hour, with incurable nervous ticks. 

I feel sorry for Batali. He lost touch with reality. And then, he found reality in a court of law. He ended up a shadow of his former self, after dropping significant body weight. 

Thankfully, Batali has been able to retain his signature orange plastic clogs. 

But what is important? 

Good food 

Fast food 

Famous food 

No food 

Personally, I would prefer seeing Chef Batali make a meal, on television, after dumpster diving for all required ingredients. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

One can delete the truth, short time, mainly through defense mechanisms. 

However, over years, if one continues to deny reality, one, sooner or later, may end up on the couch of the cheapest psychoanalyst, at USD150.00 per hour, with incurable nervous ticks. 

I feel sorry for Batali. He lost touch with reality. And then, he found reality in a court of law. He ended up a shadow of his former self, after dropping significant body weight. 

Thankfully, Batali has been able to retain his signature orange plastic clogs. 

But what is important? 

Good food 

Fast food 

Famous food 

No food 

Personally, I would prefer seeing Chef Batali make a meal, on television, after dumpster diving for all required ingredients. 

Even though most of your posts are weird, you actually must be very intelligent to be writing in this way,--so it will bring smiles/laughs sometimes.

Edited by couchpotato

7 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Even though most of your posts are weird, you actually must be very intelligent to be writing in this way,--so it will bring smiles/laughs sometimes.

What do you know about the TRADITION of gallows humor? 

Why is gallows humor important and revered?

Not all humor is intended to be funny, maybe. Why?