Giving 1 star to a restaurant in Muang Kao.

Kwasaki

Funny true story a geezer opened a restaurant in our village and I went there once try to talk to the owner and got blanked, his wife on the other hand was very friendly, the girl staff at the time served me beer and then presented with the bill and the beer was very expensive. 

So when google location got on to me and asked to rate where I  had been I gave 1 star and didn't give it another thought.

Some time after that the owner and his wife came and sat in my pub restaurant, there motivation was to find me,  trying be friendly I spoke first to them,  and was asked by his wife if I was the owner of the restaurant I drink in.

No I am friends of the family and then her husband intervened and said said I am trying to ruin his business.

I said no I am just rating it how I found it, with that I was asked to go outside by him and sort it outside in the road and fight. 

I just said I  will not fight you are a silly man. 

I got up and sat somewhere else and didn't notice they had left. 

I went back on Google and edited the 1 star and removed it out of pity. 

So if that's happened to anyone here what you do. 

Maybe his a Aseannow member that will be fun. ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JayClay said:

1-star should be reserved for exceptionally bad service, incorrect orders, overcharging etc.

The owner not wanting a chat and you not liking the price of the beer sounds like a 3-star issue at worst.

Fair call ???? didn't really think it would be a problem at the the time thats why I removed it.

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I wouldnt have removed it. I wouldnt have wanted him to feel that his threat or intimidation worked.

That's what my wife told me funny enough but I told her I don't care what he thinks.

Last fight I had was in UK 23 years ago when a guy said you married a packy I said no she is Thai he said there just the same. ????

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Dont use your real name

Yeah my mates said that I shouldn't use my real name on Google when giving star ratings.

I'm gonna rate anything any more.

My mates all wanted to know the name of the restaurant to give it one star I said no way.

They have problems enough in the village now because of Thai gossip thats gonna be bad enough.

7 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

A fair question. I absolutely don't think threats are acceptable. He clearly could have and should have done things differently.  

But again, assume the best. What if he is down to his last penny. What if this is, like Ben One-Kenobi, his last hope? What if you caught him at his very worst?

Don't escalate, don't aggravate. Go back to his restaurant, order another meal, skip the beer, and make amends. 

Fair call again but after what his wife said to my wife when my wife was trying make amends and to talk to her trying to de-escalate the situation that happened in my pub restaurant, that ain't gonna happen.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sidjameson said:

What and How much was the beer?

90 baht for large bottle Chang I pay 52 and and 60 in my pub restaurants I go to so when asked by google to review apart from the initual contact my casual response of 1 star was not fair so that why I edited and removed it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Maybe you smelt bad, hence no talk or where drunk. Maybe he was busy trying to make money.

My after shave is not that bad and I don't get drunk I like to go many different places for a change, his place is off my list for the price of beer not what he did.

6 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

90 baht for large bottle Chang I pay 52 and and 60 in my pub restaurants I go to so when asked by google to review apart from the initual contact my casual response of 1 star was not fair so that why I edited and removed it.

7/11 is 52 baht isnt it?

I drink real beer so dont know

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1