Liz Truss’s premiership has got off to the worst start possible

Scott

2 hours ago, superal said:

They are already on a decent wage , especially considering their skills . Some might say they are milking the temporary inflation rate in an act of greed . Rail Drivers earning double that of nurses and beat patrol police is a joke

Beat patrol police?? When was the was time there actually were beat patrol police in the UK?

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Just go along, you one fine.

I walked past a food bank recently  recently , there was a church nearby and they were giving baptisms in a paddling pool outside on the street and I was asked whether I wanted to be Baptised and to be  saved as well  , I politely declined the offer , oh yeah, eternal life was also offered

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Just go along, you one fine.

Exactly anyone can take their free food    wide open to abuse , some of it probably ends up on the shelves of certain corner shops too  but who cares if it produces statistics that falsely indicate poverty

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I walked past a food bank recently  recently , there was a church nearby and they were giving baptisms in a paddling pool outside on the street and I was asked whether I wanted to be Baptised and to be  saved as well  , I politely declined the offer , oh yeah, eternal life was also offered

A paddling pool! I thought they used some sort of altar ,     is that like a budget version for the "poor"

• Haha 1

Just now, Bday Prang said:

Exactly anyone can take their free food    wide open to abuse , but who cares if it produces statistics that falsely indicate poverty

Exactly, nobody in the UK should go hungry, but when your lives revolves around take-aways instead of going out and buying some potatoes, veg and some meat your benefits will soon evaporate very quickly. But essentials like booze and cigs must come first.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Beat patrol police?? When was the was time there actually were beat patrol police in the UK?

Beat patrol Police are very ineffective , there crime detection was extremely minimal and a waste of time and man hours really , just Police walking around the streets doing nothing 

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Beat patrol Police are very ineffective , there crime detection was extremely minimal and a waste of time and man hours really , just Police walking around the streets doing nothing 

you are probably right, but where do they hide now whilst doing nothing are they all in the station scouring social media for hate crimes (otherwise known as playing on their phones) or parked up asleep in their police cars?

Just keeps getting worse.

There a trend that a new pm leads to an upswing in a parties support or at least how they are viewed. 

No such situation for truss…it’s all turned faecal matter of the bovine variety. 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/sep/29/mortgages-withdrawn-housing-market-mini-budget-lenders-economic-uncertainty?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

• Like 1

Obvious why she avoided tough interviews during the leadership campaign-her radio interview hour long marathon today was a disaster…but then again what else would you expect from truss. 

Though she remained true to form and was unable to explain her own policies. No attention to detail or the minutiae of such. 

“The £2,500 energy bill conundrum

Most of the interviews featured a section on energy bills, and the prime minister seemed, at least initially, to be saying that nobody would pay more than £2,500 this winter, which isn’t how the Ofgem price cap is structured.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/sep/29/liz-truss-local-radio-bbc-uk-economy-pound?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

#generalelectionnow. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

So they would be better just sitting in their car or office waiting for a call instead of being on the beat and ready for any action, and making people feel safer. They have their radio's and are in contact with their office, who in turn are in contact with other officers on the beat or patrolling in their cars.

There is a place for having both officers on the beat and in their cars.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

So they would be better just sitting in their car or office waiting for a call instead of being on the beat and ready for any action, and making people feel safer. They have their radio's and are in contact with their office, who in turn are in contact with other officers on the beat or patrolling in their cars.

No, the Police dont actually sit in their cars or offices waiting for a call or just walk around waiting for something to happen .

The Police walking the streets and giving a kids a good telling off for scrumping are from about 50 years ago , these days its all CCTV surveillance cameras and mobile phones 

20 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, the Police dont actually sit in their cars or offices waiting for a call or just walk around waiting for something to happen .

The Police walking the streets and giving a kids a good telling off for scrumping are from about 50 years ago , these days its all CCTV surveillance cameras and mobile phones 

Fine, we will just agree to disagree and leave it there.

6 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Sadly such is from a better age. We are IMO in the long and slow decline to disaster ( well perhaps not so long given what is happening ) and removing police from where they can be most effective at preventing crime, rather than reacting to it, is just part of that decline.

I doubt the trend to removing police from efficiency is any more likely to be reversed than the likelihood of politicians working for the betterment of the poor.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

21 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

I fail to see how an election which would probably bring to power the party consisting of Dianne Abbot, Lammy and Corbyn and other ne'er do wells will help at all. In fact the extreme left LIB/Lab/green would compound the disaster into a tragedy by punishing responsible working people and throwing out freebies like confetti at a wedding.

I'm wondering if the left are now reflecting on their harassment of Johnson for lying about having a beer with his colleagues(as did Starmer and others - and no I do not believe there is different science in London or oop north or whatever ridiculous excuse they had for Johnson drinks beer with mates = bad, Starmer drinks beer with mates = good).

Did they really get what they want? 

Ha ha ha! When the right wingnuts know they've lost the argument they resort to Whataboutery.

Ever considered stand-up comedy?

• Like 2