Liz Truss’s premiership has got off to the worst start possible

Scott

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Thank you.

Now what is your objection to ordinary people making a decent wage?

They are already on a decent wage , especially considering their skills . Some might say they are milking the temporary inflation rate in an act of greed . Rail Drivers earning double that of nurses and beat patrol police is a joke

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, superal said:

They are already on a decent wage , especially considering their skills . Some might say they are milking the temporary inflation rate in an act of greed . Rail Drivers earning double that of nurses and beat patrol police is a joke

Train drivers get GBP 60 000 a year basic pay and a lot more with working over time and its an easier job than being a bus driver 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Train drivers get GBP 60 000 a year basic pay and a lot more with working over time and its an easier job than being a bus driver 

you can only compare if you have done both, have you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, superal said:

But surely you understand inflation reduces their standard of living.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I haven't done both , but train drivers do not need to deal with passengers , check tickets or take fares and they don't need to actually look out for other vehicles or pedestrians or cyclists or anything , which would make the job of bus driving to be more difficult than train driving 

I’m all for bus drivers being well paid too.

• Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m all for bus drivers being well paid too.

Train rides are extortionate due to rail workers wages and some people cannot afford to use trains  , if bus drivers received the same salary as train drivers , using buses would become unaffordable for the poor working people 

• Like 2

Ok things are pretty bad at the moment if one is to believe all one hears from the media

What amazes me is that anybody thinks things would be any better at all under a labour government or any other for that matter

They are all exactly the same , all of them are nothing more than self-serving incompetents, They are all pi$$ing in the same pot so to speak.   When the doors are closed and the cameras are off at westminster the posturing and arguments stop, and they All give themselves a pat on the back  and give thanks to the lord that they have such a stupid electorate.  

An electorate so stupid and naive that they actually believe, that these politicians are here for our benefit.

An electorate so stupid that most of them have taken a stance on which side they support as if it was a football match faithfully believing everything their chosen party promises and dismissing everything said by the others. whilst hurling insults at each other

An electorate so stupid that they spend more time arguing amongst themselves on internet forums and chat shows  hurling abuse and insults at each other 

How they all must laugh every month when their generous salaries are paid into their bank accounts

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

Ok things are pretty bad at the moment if one is to believe all one hears from the media

What amazes me is that anybody thinks things would be any better at all under a labour government or any other for that matter

They are all exactly the same , all of them are nothing more than self-serving incompetents, They are all pi$$ing in the same pot so to speak.   When the doors are closed and the cameras are off at westminster the posturing and arguments stop, and they All give themselves a pat on the back  and give thanks to the lord that they have such a stupid electorate.  

An electorate so stupid and naive that they actually believe, that these politicians are here for our benefit.

An electorate so stupid that most of them have taken a stance on which side they support as if it was a football match faithfully believing everything their chosen party promises and dismissing everything said by the others. whilst hurling insults at each other

An electorate so stupid that they spend more time arguing amongst themselves on internet forums and chat shows  hurling abuse and insults at each other 

How they all must laugh every month when their generous salaries are paid into their bank accounts

Nonsense.

Truss has demonstrated that things can get a lot worse, and it only took her three weeks to do it.

But please, do tell us what your preferred alternative is to elected government?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You do write the most extraordinary nonsense, not just in this thread but elsewhere. You often, as here, have only a tenuous grasp on what you are writing about and claiming. I thought I'd blocked you so that I don't waste my time reading you, but it's not too late.

Are you saying that there's no connection between rail workers high salary and high train ticket prices ?

Also, that if bus drivers were to get a higher salary then bus ticket prices wouldn't have to rise as well ?

Don't you think that there's a connection between operating costs and ticket prices and the higher the operating costs the higher the ticket price ?