Liz Truss’s premiership has got off to the worst start possible

Scott

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Even if that were true (which I doubt), even if it solved 30% of the vacancies it would be a massive help right now.

Don't let perfection stand in the way of improvement.

People like you always snipe from the sidelines but never offer any solutions. I worked with many people like that, they never get promoted and moan about the injustice of it all.

Give it up with the ‘people like you’ nonsense.

Deal with the arguments.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Meaningless speculation.

Reported information.

At least one tory, as yet un-named, has allegedly sent a letter to the 1922 committee. 

Others are openly calling for a repeal of aspects of the disastrous mini budget...

So it begins...again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Give it up with the ‘people like you’ nonsense.

Deal with the arguments.

You offer no solutions. 

What would you do? Tax the life out of people who worked hard and became successful and give it all to the benefits brigade? Yeah, that would work...

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Reported information.

At least one tory, as yet un-named, has allegedly sent a letter to the 1922 committee. 

Others are openly calling for a repeal of aspects of the disastrous mini budget...

So it begins...again.

Source please. A link with tangible evidence. 

Otherwise it is meaningless speculation.

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You offer no solutions. 

What would you do? Tax the life out of people who worked hard and became successful and give it all to the benefits brigade? Yeah, that would work...

Why ask if you already think you know.

The Opposition have put forward solutions which seem to be very well accepted by voters, hence their climb to a 33% lead in opinion polls  over the Tories. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Why ask if you already think you know.

The Opposition have put forward solutions which seem to be very well accepted by voters, hence their climb to a 33% lead in opinion polls  over the Tories. 

Really? Like what? 

Have they drastically changed since the election when they got smashed by the Tories?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I said evidence.

Not more meaningless speculation from an alternative source like "one unnamed MP said"... ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I grew up in a house where we did "Spring Cleaning." 

Every year, all the plates, picture frames, and nick-knacks were taken off the shelves and dusted or cleaned, along with the shelves they sat on. The silver was polished. The drawers were all relined. Every wood surface was dusted and polished, from tabletops and arms to legs and spindles.

"Spring Cleaning!" YES! Not just cleaning, but DEEP cleaning, to make sure every surface sparkled!

Except.........

If someone had walked into the house shortly after we started? Oh my god........ it would have looked like a bomb went off! All the drawer and shelf items plopped down on stretches of floor or the dining room table, the coffee table.

Everywhere you looked, there was a HUGE MESS!

It would have looked like we were the the world's biggest slobs!

But here's the thing..........

We had to make this huge mess. It was the only way to get the cleaning done as quickly as possible!

---------------

So one of the things I learned as a kid from our annual "Spring Cleaning" project was this..........

Sometimes you have to make a BIG MESS, before you can CLEAN THINGS UP!

But along with that, I also learned........... 

If you look too soon, all you may see is the BIG MESS............ and you'll never see the positive results that come from it!

---------------

As an adult, I've tried to explain to people my "Spring Cleaning" theory of politics, many times:

Sometimes you have no choice but to make a big mess.......... before you can fix things! And if you look too soon........ judge too soon....... you simply won't understand what's going on!

(Mostly, people dont get it. They just roll their eyes. ???? But mostly, these are people who never did actual "Spring Cleaning" growing up!)

---------------

I think...........

Impatience  may be the worst part of our politics today. Too few people are willing to wait to see what happens. They want to pass instant judgment; throw out instant condemnations. They act like the immediate response to an action......... is the ONLY response to an action! They act like there is no such thing as a long-term results......... that come AFTER the short-term reactions! 

But I learned important lessons from growing up in a house that did "Spring Cleaning."

I learned that sometimes it's best to withhold judgment until after you see what actually happens. Because if you look too soon........ all you may see is the big mess......... and never see all the good that can come from it!

----------------

Liz Truss has been Prime Minister for HOW LONG? 

Jeez! 

She ain't Ramen Noodles or an SMS! This ain't "Instagram" or Snapchat! 

Jeez! Give her a chance, will ya? You know, at least as long as you'd, say, let a teabag steep or the marinara simmer! 

It's like digital cameras and camera telephones have warped people's perceptions so much......... that polaroids and one-hour processing have become INTOLERABLE! Now! Now! Gotta have it NOW!

But somehow, in our warped political world, we've overlayed these expectations on the brand new Prime Minister of a large and complex industrial power, Liz Truss!

Now! Now! Make it all perfect NOW!

Jeez, take a breath, will ya?

???? 

Edited by KanchanaburiGuy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

CRT tv's are still available, both new and "second hand" which perfectly good enough for benefit claimants, after all as they say "beggars can't be choosers"  Its perfectly possible to claim benefits without using the internet, as long as one is actually living in the UK.

Benefits are designed to help people in emergencies  on a temporary basis  and are not designed to be used as a lifestyle choice 

And how do you claim Universal Credit without a phone?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Why the restraint?

Buy four, save twice as much.

They are the only 2 on the road , semi detached,I will turn them into a very large family home for rent ,, not worry I am selling 2 others to buy these and paying my capital gains tax .  The government let me off a little in one hand but hit me a lot harder in the other

37 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Give them a job at the airports then. Took almost 2 hours from landing at Heathrow to meeting my sister at arrivals. Complete shambles. It can't take that much training to teach someone how to move a suitcase.

How do you get to an airport for an 04:00 start without a vehicle? 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, I may go there for lunch this afternoon, do you need to be a member or join or something, or can you just walk in and help yourself ?

To use a foodbank, in virtually all cases, you need a referral from an authorized entity such as your local Citizens Advice centre, a social worker, your child's school or your local authority.

After an interview process where they check your circumstances, you can be issued with a food voucher which will get you a food parcel sufficient for about 3 days.

You can't just walk in and take food as and when you want, that's not how it works.

See additional info below from Citizen's Advice UK.

Using a food bank

(Bolding added automatically by the site software, not me).

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Foghorn said:

They are the only 2 on the road , semi detached,I will turn them into a very large family home for rent ,, not worry I am selling 2 others to buy these and paying my capital gains tax .  The government let me off a little in one hand but hit me a lot harder in the other

Go big on the mortgage, you’ll be fine.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

I grew up in a house where we did "Spring Cleaning." 

Every year, all the plates, picture frames, and nick-knacks were taken off the shelves and dusted or cleaned, along with the shelves they sat on. The silver was polished. The drawers were all relined. Every wood surface was dusted and polished, from tabletops and arms to legs and spindles.

"Spring Cleaning!" YES! Not just cleaning, but DEEP cleaning, to make sure every surface sparkled!

Except.........

If someone had walked into the house shortly after we started? Oh my god........ it would have looked like a bomb went off! All the drawer and shelf items plopped down on stretches of floor or the dining room table, the coffee table.

Everywhere you looked, there was a HUGE MESS!

It would have looked like we were the the world's biggest slobs!

But here's the thing..........

We had to make this huge mess. It was the only way to get the cleaning done as quickly as possible!

---------------

So one of the things I learned as a kid from our annual "Spring Cleaning" project was this..........

Sometimes you have to make a BIG MESS, before you can CLEAN THINGS UP!

But along with that, I also learned........... 

If you look too soon, all you may see is the BIG MESS............ and you'll never see the positive results that come from it!

---------------

As an adult, I've tried to explain to people my "Spring Cleaning" theory of politics, many times:

Sometimes you have no choice but to make a big mess.......... before you can fix things! And if you look too soon........ judge too soon....... you simply won't understand what's going on!

(Mostly, people dont get it. They just roll their eyes. ???? But mostly, these are people who never did actual "Spring Cleaning" growing up!)

---------------

I think...........

Impatience  may be the worst part of our politics today. Too few people are willing to wait to see what happens. They want to pass instant judgment; throw out instant condemnations. They act like the immediate response to an action......... is the ONLY response to an action! They act like there is no such thing as a long-term results......... that come AFTER the short-term reactions! 

But I learned important lessons from growing up in a house that did "Spring Cleaning."

I learned that sometimes it's best to withhold judgment until after you see what actually happens. Because if you look too soon........ all you may see is the big mess......... and never see all the good that can come from it!

----------------

Liz Truss has been Prime Minister for HOW LONG? 

Jeez! 

She ain't Ramen Noodles or an SMS! This ain't "Instagram" or Snapchat! 

Jeez! Give her a chance, will ya? You know, at least as long as you'd, say, let a teabag steep or the marinara simmer! 

It's like digital cameras and camera telephones have warped people's perceptions so much......... that polaroids and one-hour processing have become INTOLERABLE! Now! Now! Gotta have it NOW!

But somehow, in our warped political world, we've overlayed these expectations on the brand new Prime Minister of a large and complex industrial power, Liz Truss!

Now! Now! Make it all perfect NOW!

Jeez, take a breath, will ya?

???? 

Totally agree with what you are saying ,   If the rich are not treated good enough and can’t make money they will go elsewhere, the poor don’t employ many people ,  I grew up on a council estate poor 

10 minutes ago, baboon said:

You developed some major Stockholm syndrome on that council estate of yours...

No one’s got a magic wand , I don’t like truss , I would vote Britain First , Paul Golding , but we got truss, got to give her some time ,  maybe you’ve got a magic wand ?

17 minutes ago, baboon said:

How do you get to an airport for an 04:00 start without a vehicle? 

Plenty of buses available to Heathrow.

You can get a bicycle for a few quid from Ebay.

Or an electric bicycle/moped for a couple of hundred. I used to ride a 150 quid Moped from Bristol to Bath during Uni holidays to work on a building site as a Labourer. Nothing heroic about that, it's what normal people do if you really WANT to work. I also did Bristol to Weston Super Mare in a 300 quid Mini for 3 months during the summer break.

Alternatively you could just make up excuses for failure and laziness before you even start, just as you are trying to do.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Ah, poor you...the truth that truss remains divisive, inept and unfit for purpose must be hard to take. 

Oh I see now. We're talking about "Your" truth as opposed to "The" truth.

I won't ask again ????.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There are already people who cut the grass and clean the streets in the U.K , people have jobs doing that already 

well from what I have seen it looks like they could do with a bit of help,  Failing that let them pick strawberries or sprouts or whatever else we allegedly need immigrants to do.  That would sort out two problems in one go . 

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Don't be ridiculous. Who applies for jobs at the other end of the country? ???? 

More excuses for the work shy. More excuses for failing. Classic Labour victim mentality.

Plenty of jobs out there, just too many lazy people raised in the benefits culture.

They literally come from all over the world to enjoy our benefits,  The DHSS should pay their money direct to the people smugglers