Mine and a neighbour's are they both male plants?

MrMuddle

11 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

Mine's gone, a brother in law took it this afternoon. 

BUT if there is a male plant within 100 meters or so of your girls and if the wind blows the pollen your way your gals will grab that pollen in their sticky hairs and you will end up with lots and lots of seeds which is not what u want if u plan to smoke it.....

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

BUT if there is a male plant within 100 meters or so of your girls and if the wind blows the pollen your way your gals will grab that pollen in their sticky hairs and you will end up with lots and lots of seeds which is not what u want if u plan to smoke it.....

pollen can travel for miles. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PadPrikKhing said:

This is one reason growing indoors is popular. You have pretty good avoidance of this phenomenon as long as the air intakes are filtered.

agree...but there is just something sort of fun about growing outdoors as well....not to mention it is a lot cheaper than all the lights fans electric etc...though of course growing outdoors also has some issues to deal with like bugs pollen nosey neighbors etc....i used to surround my outdoor plants with marigolds which seemed to do decent job in keeping bugs away plus they are pretty to look at and last a long time

• Like 1

Just now, pomchop said:

agree...but there is just something sort of fun about growing outdoors as well....not to mention it is a lot cheaper than all the lights fans electric etc...though of course growing outdoors also has some issues to deal with like bugs pollen nosey neighbors etc....i used to surround my outdoor plants with marigolds which seemed to do decent job in keeping bugs away plus they are pretty to look at and last a long time

The marigold is one of the most well-known insect-repelling plants and with good reason — they have a scent that will keep pests like mosquitoes, nematodes like cabbage worms, and other pests away. Plant marigolds to attract beneficial insects that attack and kill aphids.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, pomchop said:

I'll try the Marigold idea with the next batch we grow. Usually works pretty good for vegetables too.

1 hour ago, MrMuddle said:

I'll try the Marigold idea with the next batch we grow. Usually works pretty good for vegetables too.

sure worked for me in chiang rai....really never had to spray any insecticides at all....few bugs but rare....there are different varieties of marigolds...see if you can find the ones that grow two or three feet tall as i think they work the best....and once they start blooming they bloom for couple months or more...and cut the dead flower pods and you will have unlimited seeds for more marigolds that are easy to sprout and grow..good luck

• Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 3:15 PM, MrMuddle said:

I'll get rid of mine this afternoon, and tell the sister in law to get rid of hers too, but she probably won't listen!  lol

No need to get rid.

You can just cut the heads off - the plant will keep vegging.

All parts of the plant are useful.

Boil heads / leaves in milky / oily water to drink or with fatty meats to eat.

Clean and dry stems / root balls - infuse in alcohol - making a great tipple / perfect gift for loved ones and relatives.

Enjoy !

6 hours ago, Pla Simon said:

No need to get rid.

You can just cut the heads off - the plant will keep vegging.

All parts of the plant are useful.

Boil heads / leaves in milky / oily water to drink or with fatty meats to eat.

Clean and dry stems / root balls - infuse in alcohol - making a great tipple / perfect gift for loved ones and relatives.

Enjoy !

Thanks for the advice, it may be useful to someone else. I don't eat meat or drink!  ????

13 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

Thanks for the advice, it may be useful to someone else. I don't eat meat or drink!  ????

Vegetarian myself.

Rarely drink.

Train 5 days per week.

Do get stoned off tea / coffee - male aswell as female plants work just the same - leaves / stems / roots - just boil the leaves and male heads first.

I would only pull the tree when completely exhausted.

A creeper, but a nice clean stone - warm and encompassing - smiley - for hours - for free.

15 hand sized squirrel tail or garung krawier leaves boiled and simmered in milky water will give you 3 cups that will lay you down for hours.

Enjoy !

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pla Simon said:

Vegetarian myself.

Rarely drink.

Train 5 days per week.

Do get stoned off tea / coffee - male aswell as female plants work just the same - leaves / stems / roots - just boil the leaves and male heads first.

I would only pull the tree when completely exhausted.

A creeper, but a nice clean stone - warm and encompassing - smiley - for hours - for free.

15 hand sized squirrel tail or garung krawier leaves boiled and simmered in milky water will give you 3 cups that will lay you down for hours.

Enjoy !

I'll give it a go! Thanks again.

42 minutes ago, Pla Simon said:

Can you show evidence of this, because I was led to believe that there is very little THC in the leaves.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Pla Simon said:

I wouldn't know how to convey this "evidence" electronically. 

Welcome round for a cup - or give it a whirl. 

Proof's in the pudding.

I waked and baked today - boiled a pot this morning - some male head and leaves - 4 cups - been wrecked all day - in the gym right now and still blazing - that's 12 and a half hours now.

My plants - outdoor organic since legislation.

Been blazing for a few weeks now - it never fails or ceases to amaze.

Plant or get some fresh leaves and give it a go - money back guarantee.

I add a few bits of flower to my coffee, ginger tea, or sometimes sprinkle it on my cheese on toast, or pizza, and get off my face no problem, yet I've seen several people on here say it's not possible.

9 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

I add a few bits of flower to my coffee, ginger tea, or sometimes sprinkle it on my cheese on toast, or pizza, and get off my face no problem, yet I've seen several people on here say it's not possible.

THC is NoT water soluble, which is why cannabutter is made. Infuse in water will NOT extract any good stuff.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KannikaP said:

THC is NoT water soluble, which is why cannabutter is made. Infuse in water will NOT extract any good stuff.

So I keep reading, but it DOES work for me. Certainly worked again last night!

I should point out, I'm almost 70, started smoking Cannabis at aged 14, in the UK, used to smoke an ounce a week, and definiitely know if I'm stoned or not!

Edited by MrMuddle
additional information
  • Love It 1

3 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

So I keep reading, but it DOES work for me. Certainly worked again last night!

I should point out, I'm almost 70, started smoking Cannabis at aged 14, in the UK, used to smoke an ounce a week, and definiitely know if I'm stoned or not!

With you on this all the way, MrMuddle.

It's funny the amount of information we take on as gospel, without ever actually questioning it. 

Who'd have thought eh ?

Here's me and you getting mashed, employing dubious consumption methodology that doesn't work.

Fun experiment -

1>  Google "can eating raw cannabis get you high ?" - Read consensus.

2>  Actually eat some raw weed.

3>  Wait 1 hour.

Answers on a postcard please.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1