Visa Requirement

An acquaintance of mine is living in Thailand with his Thai wife and is on a marriage extension, which runs from Jan 2022 - Jan 23 for which he, I understand, is required to deposit a minimum of 40,000THB per month for 12 months.   He tells me he has deposited amounts well over that figure for every month of this current year, making two such deposits in Feb, but has forgotten to make the deposit for Sep.

It's too late now for him to transfer via Wise as it will not arrive until after 30 Sep.  

He could go to the bank today and make the required deposit, but I understand that the money has to come from outside of Thailand and cannot be a local transfer.

Am I correct or wrong in my understanding please.

19 minutes ago, Pompey Lad 1938 said:

He tells me he has deposited amounts well over that figure for every month of this current year, making two such deposits in Feb, but has forgotten to make the deposit for Sep.

If he misses a month many immigration offices will not accept the application.

Some mistakingly think it can be average of 40k+ per month. 

With his current extension running till Jan 2023 he could place 400k in his account 2 months prior to application for extension. ie money in bank method. 

Even then he has not met the income method for previous year.

Think he would be advised best visit immigration now and discuss options 

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If he misses a month many immigration offices will not accept the application.

Some mistakingly think it can be average of 40k+ per month. 

With his current extension running till Jan 2023 he could place 400k in his account 2 months prior to application for extension. ie money in bank method. 

Even then he has not met the income method for previous year.

Think he would be advised best visit immigration now and discuss options 

Thank you.  However, I understnad that the 40K per month is not necessary if the 400K is in place two months prior to renewal.

How about him putting 40K intoday in a local transfer or must it come from Outside Thailand

1 hour ago, Pompey Lad 1938 said:

Thank you.  However, I understnad that the 40K per month is not necessary if the 400K is in place two months prior to renewal.

That is correct. The 400k baht needs to be in the bank for 2 months on day he applies for the extension.

1 hour ago, Pompey Lad 1938 said:

How about him putting 40K intoday in a local transfer or must it come from Outside Thailand

If the transfer was sent today and it was received on Monday immigration might accept if all of his transfers have normally came in be the end of the month.

He would still need to another transfer in October.