Ukraine applies for Nato membership after Russia annexes territory

Rimmer

53 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

No its not.  America, and the west, are systematically removing all of the off ramps to deescalate this conflict.  Same thing happened in the lead up to WW1.  The world went to war because of an isolated incident.  That is where this is headed.  But that has been the US plan all along. 

So you are privy to all the secret and not so secret plans in the USA.

Well done. Do you have any more secrets hidden up your shirt sleeves?

Just now, Gweiloman said:

As you said, Russia shut down their own pipelines and thus did not need to bomb them.. I guess this is as easily done as turning a valve or something like that. No need to engage in a dangerous situation such as planting huge amounts of explosives on 4 different pipelines. Begs the question then of who might have have done such an irresponsible act. Cui bono and only one nation comes out on top.

You could go to the Pipeline thread and stay on topic where this has been discussed many times including by you

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You mean the Russians will stay in place and not take advantage of the situation and at the least occupy territory that they claim is now part of Russia?

How about Russia withdraw from Ukraine and end its massvie violation of international law. Then let diplomacy take its course.

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

If Putin stops the illegal invasion the war stops immediately and no further innocent civilians will be killed, murdered and raped.

10 minutes ago, billd766 said:

And if the west stops supplying weapons to the Ukraine will the Russians stop the war as well? Will they with draw from all the areas of the Ukraine that they have invaded.

IMHO there is not a chance of that.

Prove me wrong.

Yes, the war can also be probably stopped the way you all suggested. However, it’s naive to think that will happen. So the war will continue and Europe (and probably Russia as well) will continue to suffer. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face lol. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Actually it would make sense for Russia to bomb their pipeline. That way they could claim that they want to restore natural gas supplies to Europe but can't because of the dastardly act committed by some western malefactor.

You are the only expert that I have heard promoting this scenario. When will you be uploading your video?. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Yes, the war can also be probably stopped the way you all suggested. However, it’s naive to think that will happen. So the war will continue and Europe (and probably Russia as well) will continue to suffer. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face lol. 

You mean Putin being the one cutting off his nose right?

• Thumbs Up 1

So in spite of the flood of posts in the last few minutes, we are still at square one. The war is not stopping anytime soon, no one has suggested a plausible solution. 

I wonder how bad the suffering for Europeans will be. Continued inflation, almost certain recession, inevitable bankruptcies, innocent citizens possibly freezing to death, unaffordable energy costs…

Luckily, my daughters in the UK will be fine

On 10/1/2022 at 5:41 PM, jastheace said:

The weather forecast with wind speed/ direction/ precipitation will be considered carefully should it come to the lunatic's decision to carry out this act of terrorism. He has no thoughts for any other nation except his own.

He has no thoughts for his own nation either. Sending young untrained conscripts to be cannon fodder shows how desperate Putin has become to ensure his own survival.

What has he got to show for 8 months of war? A ruined economy, a pariah nation, a discredited army. The nations who bought military equipment from Russia are watching it get slaughtered in battle.

Although Putin may give the order to use a nuke, it still has to be executed by the military. I suspect those responsible for actual use will be thinking hard about their survival too.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gweiloman said:

So in spite of the flood of posts in the last few minutes, we are still at square one. The war is not stopping anytime soon, no one has suggested a plausible solution. 

I wonder how bad the suffering for Europeans will be. Continued inflation, almost certain recession, inevitable bankruptcies, innocent citizens possibly freezing to death, unaffordable energy costs…

Yes there's a very plausible solution being carried out right now by Ukraine and its supporters, Russia is losing territory and will be kicked out.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

You sure the war won't end soon?

I think Ukrainians are Europeans. And the consequences of a Russian victory are far worse for them.

I'm guessing your remark about your daughters' situation in the UK is some kind of joke.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

One plausible solution is to place a reward of 1 billion US dollars on Putin's head.

All it takes is one Russian general to lead a column of tanks to the Kremlin. That level of reward would stimulate quite a lot of thought among the military.

Putin is getting rid of quite a few oligarchs, for all the generals know they could be next.

• Like 1

Just now, Gweiloman said:

Well, then we have nothing to worry about and all these debates will be moot.All those experts on CNN, MSNBC etc should just subscribe to this forum and get all the information they need. CIA too.

No need, plenty on Russian state TV echoing the same thing on how badly they are doing

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You sure the war won't end soon?

I think Ukrainians are Europeans. And the consequences of a Russian victory are far worse for them.

I'm guessing your remark about your daughters' situation in the UK is some kind of joke.

Ukrainians are as much Europeans as Russians are. Read into that as you like.

My remark about my daughters is not a joke. I’m naturally worried about their wellbeing, whether it be from nuclear fallout or spiking costs of living.

6 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I believe he was trying to create a buffer zone, something that any threatened person would do.

Putin has stated repeatedly the fall of the Soviet Union was the worst thing that has happened to Russia, and that he wants to create the SU all over again. That's not a buffer zone, that's subjugating other nations.

Russia was doing quite well before Putin's brain fart. He was probably close to the richest man in the world, thanks to Russian exports of oil and gas to an energy-hungry Europe. That is all gone now.

Like all kleptomaniacs, there cannot be enough money and land for Putin.

• Like 2