Ukraine applies for Nato membership after Russia annexes territory

Rimmer

2 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Oh, I get it now. Any pro-western views are accepted as true, any opposing views are termed as apologists and anti-west. How silly of me to think that there are 2 sides to any dispute. 

The west is (always) right. Thanks for the life lesson. Just saw on DW that Ukraine has recaptured more territory in the south and north-east. Excellent news. The war will end soon, the US will supply cheap LNG to Europe, tremendous opportunity for Europe to wean itself off cheap gas, Putin will be tried as a war criminal, China’s economy will collapse soon and the world will be at peace again, with natural order restored. 

The future’s looking bright ????

Here's how to do sarcasm properly:

"I admire your restraint."

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Believe it or not, videos aren't the only way to absorb information. In fact, they're not even a good way. Much more difficult to critically examine arguments presented via videos (or podcsts). I don't understand your predilection for them. Here's some written stuff from Jeffrey Sachs with links to the articles.  

Ukraine Is the Latest Neocon Disaster

https://www.jeffsachs.org/newspaper-articles/m6rb2a5tskpcxzesjk8hhzf96zh7w7

Ending the War of Attrition in Ukraine

https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/only-negotiation-can-end-ukraine-war-of-attrition-by-jeffrey-d-sachs-2022-05?barrier=accesspaylog

The weird font on the first link (the Sachs website) is very difficult to read. It starts out making the US help for Ukraine as the culmination of a 20-year neocon disaster. That is simply not plausible. Neocons have historically had influence in Republican administrations, while in Democratic interregnums they held out in think tanks on K Street. Iraq 2003 was a true neocon disaster.

On 10/1/2022 at 8:37 PM, earlinclaifornia said:

Freedom and democracy has never come cheap. The war machine vendors always are the financial winners 

True, but are American taxpayers happy to be making companies rich in a war on the far side of the world, that will IMO likely never affect the US directly?

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

True, but are American taxpayers happy to be making companies rich in a war on the far side of the world, that will IMO likely never affect the US directly?

According to who, just your opinion then? I listen to Russian propaganda channels daily on youtube  and they say it is USA pretty much the only responsible aggressor in Ukraine WAR

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO means "in my opinion", so yes, it's my opinion. :saai:

I wish what you said was true, then I would be getting richer. However, all of my stocks such as Raytheon, Boeing, Northrop Gruman, and a few others would be making coin, but instead they are loosing money....the US is not getting wealthy from the war....

Folks could not care anyways as to where there money was coming from.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thumbs Up 1