Positive covid test

wornoutcowboy

I just did a covid test at my hotel and it was positive. I have had 5 different vaccine injections and the last one was about 3 weeks ago.  Not feeling so bad except for a minor cold and a very sore back.

Advice needed. Should I go to the doctor to get antivirals or just ride it out?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wornoutcowboy said:

Well. The question is if I even need a doctor. I am actually concerned with being there n a taxi and also a hospital waiting room. I would hate to spread it. With all my vaccination I wonder if I shouldn't ride it out like it is a cold.

Does it feel like a cold.

12 minutes ago, wornoutcowboy said:

Well. The question is if I even need a doctor. I am actually concerned with being there n a taxi and also a hospital waiting room. I would hate to spread it. With all my vaccination I wonder if I shouldn't ride it out like it is a cold.

Ride it out, you rebel!

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling comment removed

Well, I should have just sat home and taken Tylenol. I  did go to the covid wing of one of the local hospitals and was asked by the doctor which antivirals I wanted. I told her I wasn't an expert at Covid medication and she then asked me again which medication I wanted. She was as useless as the early responses in this thread. "Ask your doctor." Right. Anyway, if I had it to over again I would skip the doctor and research online which medication was best and then tried to find a local pharmacist who stocked them. 8000 baht later and let's see if I can get my insurance company to pay for it.

Just now, wornoutcowboy said:

I  did go to the covid wing of one of the local hospitals and was asked by the doctor which antivirals I wanted. I told her I wasn't an expert at Covid medication and she then asked me again which medication I wanted.

IMHO, it's always a BAD sign when the doctor is asking the patient what medicine they want to get for a particular malady.

That said, I regularly ask the doctor WHY they're recommending this or that medicine, since on their own, they typically don't seem to feel the need to provide any explanation.

Thai style medicine... The patient asks no questions. And the doctor doesn't expect any.

20 hours ago, wornoutcowboy said:

Most folks are riding it out as serious symptoms are quite rare.....If you have to go out wear a mask. All that changes if you are elderly or have other ailments that may be exacerbated.