Recommended topper to make a firm mattress soft?

edwardandtubs

I'm moving in to a condo with a firm mattress typical in Thai condos. It's a high-quality mattress but too firm for my needs. What kind of topper do I need to make it nice and soft? I was thinking memory foam but then I read these make mattresses firmer so now I'm confused.

I realise some people extol the virtues of firm mattresses but trust me, I need a soft one.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/3/2022 at 6:03 PM, edwardandtubs said:

I'm moving in to a condo with a firm mattress typical in Thai condos. It's a high-quality mattress but too firm for my needs. What kind of topper do I need to make it nice and soft? I was thinking memory foam but then I read these make mattresses firmer so now I'm confused.

I realise some people extol the virtues of firm mattresses but trust me, I need a soft one.

You may have already bought one, so this post might be a bit late for you, however I had bought a top-quality Sealy mattress about a year ago and I've never been completely satisfied with it because it's a bit too firm for my liking, although I did try them out at the showroom.

So I bought a latex topper thinking that would help, and it didn't really do the job I wanted it to and I was feeling pain on the "pressure points" of my hips and shoulders, and as I wasn't getting much sleep I had to do something, so I went along to "Baan & Beyond" and tried out a few more mattresses and I did a bit more research and apparently the small coil spring mattresses are good for alleviating pressure point problems, so I bought one!! It is softer than I would normally have settled on, but then again at my age, I think I probably need it.

It wasn't expensive and with the discount it came to about 9500 baht, and I've had it for about a week now and it's been great and I'm finally getting a decent night's sleep. Although my other mattress cost me about 28,000 baht and is like brand-new, I donated it to the owner of the apartments I stay in and they will use it for another one of their rooms.