Is the Thai police blind?

Confuscious

The Police do not get involved unless there is some complaint or social media comment. 

Watch out for these types of rush scrounging, they are inclined to have an unwatched phone or lighter away with them. Rather perplexed where this lot might come from with blonde hair.... not darned pikeys are they!

3 hours ago, it is what it is said:

if people (often westerners) didn't buy from these children then they wouldn't be selling. some people (often westerners) think they are 'helping' the child by purchasing from them, all they are doing preventing the child from getting an education and most likely condemning them to a life of poverty.

I agree 

Most will tell you they are doing it to eat.  Easy way to prove it is a scam offer to buy them a meal.

These kids women work for a thaiyor foreign Men. They panhandle and if lucky earn 1 baht per 100.

I don't blame the people or the police I blame bar stsyfor letting them in

• Like 2

Seems the problem got much worse since I used to frequent these places many years ago. In my time I would see about 3 to 4 of those in an evening. They are controlled by some mafia who in turn pay the police from the proceeds. There used to be an even worse mafia who would amputate pieces of bodies to increase the 'pitty' factor of trafficked children.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Exactly.......Many years ago I had a bar in Karon, Phuket. A Brit saw a little girl selling crappy roses. He bought the lot!!! When I asked him why he said then the girl could go home, her job done. I told him he could not be that naive, but he insisted he was right. Thirty minutes later the same girl came in, walked straight to him, and started asking for more money.

Sad but true.

• Thumbs Up 1

In this case they aren't  blind or stupid what benefit???? 

They can get 2000 baht for crosswalk running in front of their station unless someone complaints about it,  just like the freelancer across beach road from their station. 

Edited by thailand49

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:
2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

What law were they breaking?

Entering bars under the age of 18 would be the obvious one.

Edited 1 hour ago by BritManToo

As far as I am aware, there is no age limit for entering a bar in Thailand, only for drinking or working there. You could consider begging as work I suppose.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

As far as I am aware, there is no age limit for entering a bar in Thailand, only for drinking or working there. You could consider begging as work I suppose.

It's 18, and the police often catch and arrest underage youths sitting in bars with no drinks in front of them.

Most bars near me have signs on the door 'under 20s not permitted to enter'.

As for your awareness/ignorance of the laws ....... not my problem!

Edited by BritManToo

I had about 6,000 thb  taken from my shorts by some little kids whilst walking down walking street at 6am one morning.

Luckily a Thai lady had seen the crime ( I was totally unaware that i had been pickpocketed) and after a short discussion i had my money back any was told by the Thai women that they were Cambodian kids.

Weird thing is straight after the theft the kids just sat on the kerb, hence why i was able to get the money back from the kind lady that saw the theft.