About 16 provinces across Thailand suffering from severe flooding due to constant rains caused by ‘NORU’ storm since last weekend

webfact

Predictions may or may not be right. Best to look at the data of what has already happened. CO2 up, temperature up, sea level up and flooding events, droughts, storms, heat waves  now set new records every few years.

Then someone says it isn't happening ....... duh. Usually reckon next year or decade will be cooler, because less sunspots, cosmic rays or some other cause. For the last 20 years they have been saying this, so far have always been wrong.

Empirical science says if it is warmer, you WILL get changes. And we are seeing this more and more.

On 10/4/2022 at 7:09 AM, nobodysfriend said:

Years ago , scientists predicted that the man-made climate change will lead to more frequent weather extremes .

They were right .

Of course , there has been extreme weather phenomenons before already , but not as frequent and damaging as today .

And that is still only the beginning .

Everything is connected .

"Everything is connected"?

To what is everything connected?

On 10/5/2022 at 8:00 PM, AddyA said:

Fair comment. Which ones are you referring to in particular?

Bob Inglis, who changed his mind after talking with an actual climate scientist.

Senator James Inhofe - gets a lot of money from the fossil fuel industry

Marc Morano - runs the Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow (CFACT) - which gets funding from the fossil fuel industry

Steve Milloy - connections with Fox News and right wing orgs

Bjørn Lomborg - a political scientist

Prof Pat Michaels - Cato Institute and was agricultural climatologist - received funding from fossil fuel companies

There are more.  The overwhelming consensus among actual climate scientist is that climate change is real and is driven by humans. 

On 10/5/2022 at 7:57 PM, Eleftheros said:

Right. All climate scientists who disagree with you are "verging on being crackpots".

I assure you that if you can find the courage to look, you will find a great many well credentialed, widely published, respected and experienced climate scientists who are not convinced that the cataclysmic predictions of activist groups are even close to correct.

name them

40 minutes ago, transam said:

No rain, but the water is rising, in the garden this morning.....????

Mini Super up on sand bags, just hope the level stabilises, folk around me are in real trouble....????

Gate9.thumb.jpg.aa49e453b202ae4f47f690461b7b8efb.jpg

Oh dear hope you are going to be OK

My grass is also underwater as the ground is waterlogged despite having french drains that drain into the pond.

Tried to walk on it this morning thinking I could cut the grass later today but the water in places is over my shoes.

37 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Oh dear hope you are going to be OK

My grass is also underwater as the ground is waterlogged despite having french drains that drain into the pond.

Tried to walk on it this morning thinking I could cut the grass later today but the water in places is over my shoes.

Fingers crossed here, the water is about a foot short, in height, of the kitchen, and 1.5 feet short of the house, the only bad spot is the door to the inside water tank (????) where the wash machine is, I just put a plastic sheet on the floor and up the wall/door with sandbags on it, no way water can get in.

I had a close shave with a humongous Centipede moving plant pots to do the job....????

• Like 1