Survey – Bangkok among 5 best cities for expats to live and work in 2022

webfact

6 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Big misconception that Thailand is cheap.

All relative, but Krung Thep certainly is NOT, if wanting a comfy lifestyle.

Cheaper then other metros, possibly, but you do get what you pay for sometimes.

I hate when they state, food is cheap, meal is 60 baht, as I've rarely had a plate/bowl of food for 60-100 baht that I would call a meal.  A meal = 'filling', something to hold you over till next meal, 3-5 hrs away.   Not come home from the restaurant, and make yourself a P&J a half hour later ????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Never understand why Dubai is considered so good. I worked there and never found it to be a great place.

My brother has worked there for more than 10 years and loves the place he has a far better life style than when he worked in the U.K. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Raphael Hythlodaeus said:

For all the miserable naysayers on this forum who I wish would just leave, and from someone who has lived in Bangkok for over 40 years, I love Bangkok and Thailand as a whole, for reasons beyond the understanding of the moaners. Any survey is irrelevant to me.

Your choice, but the air pollution & congestion would get to me after short time, especially the air.  Congestion & flooding can almost be avoided, but one does have to breathe, and preferably without wearing an N95 all day when out & about for way too many months.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

All relative, but Krung Thep certainly is NOT, if wanting a comfy lifestyle.

Cheaper then other metros, possibly, but you do get what you pay for sometimes.

I hate when they state, food is cheap, meal is 60 baht, as I've rarely had a plate/bowl of food for 60-100 baht that I would call a meal.  A meal = 'filling', something to hold you over till next meal, 3-5 hrs away.   Not come home from the restaurant, and make yourself a P&J a half hour later ????

As you mentioned 60-100 baht its really not much.  Ok for a wee girl for a school meal.

It's usually an oily water mixture with a little sinewy meat mix laden with sugar, MSG, and salt. 

Fine in an emergency but if thats your daily diet expect diabetes and high blood pressure to follow. 

"The greatest increase is projected for economically developing countries, such as Thailand, that already account for approximately two-thirds of all individuals with diabetes."

https://diabetesjournals.org/care/article/26/10/2758/26105/The-Prevalence-and-Management-of-Diabetes-in-Thai

Better stick with McDonald's,KFC, and Burger King! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Your choice, but the air pollution & congestion would get to me after short time, especially the air.  Congestion & flooding can almost be avoided, but one does have to breathe, and preferably without wearing an N95 all day when out & about for way too many months.

Thanks for that information. Might have to move to somewhere better. Where in Thailand do you live?

Edited by Nemises