where to find apartment for 2 month?

parafareno

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Apartments are different to condos, can easily be rented daily or monthly, can be 6k+ a month, look around the area you want to stay, or be specific and people might be able to recommend places

in jomtien for example....i searched viewtalay...i contacted 10 companies listing on thai-property.com, not even one replied....

i dont want to walk around with my suitcases when i come to pattaya...it sucks

• Haha 1

Just now, parafareno said:

in jomtien for example....i searched viewtalay...i contacted 10 companies listing on thai-property.com, not even one replied....

So you are looking for a condo rather than an apartment, use Airbnb 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Apartments are different to condos, can easily be rented daily or monthly, can be 6k+ a month, look around the area you want to stay, or be specific and people might be able to recommend places

Daily rentals are illegal.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, parafareno said:

Simple 

Stay in a hotel for  few nights, then walk around your preferred choice of area and ask in the Condos .

Some Condos that want a year contract may give you a few months if you ask personally 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, parafareno said:

Top Tip!

Check into a cheap hotel for one or 2 nights (you can deposit your bags there) and then do the rounds trying to find an appt or condo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newnative said:

Daily rentals are illegal.

The OP says he wants to rent for 2 months, not a few days.  It’s my understanding that Airbnb rentals over 30 days are legal in Thailand, but I’m not an expert on Thai property law, so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Many decent guesthouses with restaurant, bar, and people to socialize with ,and also watch sports etc. 

I have a few in Jomtien I used to stay if you want details let me know. Not that expensive compare to what you get for the money. Change bed and cleaning, towels etc and quiet early in most places. 

2 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

The OP says he wants to rent for 2 months, not a few days.  It’s my understanding that Airbnb rentals over 30 days are legal in Thailand, but I’m not an expert on Thai property law, so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Yes, I think normally over 30 days is ok, too, with condos although some condo projects have written longer rental periods into their by-laws.  

• Like 1

Years ago when I came for a long vacation, I often stayed at apartment-hotels and they offered a monthly deal. All the space of a condo (separate sitting room and bedroom, large fridge, simple food prep facilities)....yet with the facilities of a hotel, room service, pool, gym etc.  Ideal while one looks for a long term home. Back then it was Nova Park or Residence Garden mostly.....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, parafareno said:

maybe you can hold my hand and take me around and I call you daddy? Ok?

One more very strange thing about you. No thanks. But just getting out and looking for a place is going in the right direction.

For those recommending Air BnB that wont work. Much too expensive for him. 

Edited by marin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

I found 2 in under 3 minutes ! They wouldve rented by the week ! GO LOOK ! there are many  different groups on there.

Just went back back got this in under 30 secs !

7k month if year or 10k A MONTH ? without contract !

SmartSelect_20221006_080354_Facebook.jpg

SmartSelect_20221006_080707_Facebook.jpg

how did you search for it....i went to marketplace in facebook...and found only 10 listings all 1 year rentals

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

apartment is a hotel type place with maybe circ 50 rooms, pay elec and water separate, apartments don't usually have kitchens

Not correct. There is nothing "usual" about apartments, the term is interpreted differently from country to country.

Airbnb list Houses, Apartments, Guesthouses and Hotels.

I have rented many apartments, including here in Thailand and have never seen one listed without a kitchen.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

It is not to do with the length of stay, but the number of rooms. If more than 4 rooms the owner must have a hotel license for short term stays.

As far as condos are concerned, it was ruled that the total number in the block would be used rather than individual ownership. In other words someone with a single condo would need the license.

As far as legality is concerned it has nothing to do with Airbnb, the legal position is nation wide and applies to everyone letting out property.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Not correct. There is nothing "usual" about apartments, the term is interpreted differently from country to country.

Airbnb list Houses, Apartments, Guesthouses and Hotels.

I have rented many apartments, including here in Thailand and have never seen one listed without a kitchen.

We are talking about Apartments in Thailand not condos, other countries are irrelevant 

Edited by scubascuba3