where to find apartment for 2 month?

parafareno

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

We are talking about Apartments in Thailand not condos, other countries are irrelevant 

Tell me, which Thais are talking about apartments.

The understanding of "apartment" will be influenced by a persons home country.

There are no condos where I come from, they are called flats, studios or apartments.

Airbnb, probably the largest accommodation provider in the world, is an American based company that lists condos as apartments, even here in Thailand.

Of course you are perfectly free to see that as misrepresentation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Tell me, which Thais are talking about apartments.

The understanding of "apartment" will be influenced by a persons home country.

There are no condos where I come from, they are called flats, studios or apartments.

Airbnb, probably the largest accommodation provider in the world, is an American based company that lists condos as apartments, even here in Thailand.

Of course you are perfectly free to see that as misrepresentation.

Try to forget America, i know it's difficult for you, It's about Thailand now, no need to compare with America, including comparison of prices 

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 4:32 PM, parafareno said:

in jomtien for example....i searched viewtalay...i contacted 10 companies listing on thai-property.com, not even one replied....

i dont want to walk around with my suitcases when i come to pattaya...it sucks

Stay in a hotel or guesthouse for 3 nights, that should give you time to look around, there are plenty of condos from 3 months or less up, just make sure you are paying the government rate for electricity 4-5 Bt a unit. Some will try and rip you off.

8 hours ago, sandyf said:

It is not to do with the length of stay, but the number of rooms. If more than 4 rooms the owner must have a hotel license for short term stays.

As far as condos are concerned, it was ruled that the total number in the block would be used rather than individual ownership. In other words someone with a single condo would need the license.

As far as legality is concerned it has nothing to do with Airbnb, the legal position is nation wide and applies to everyone letting out property.

OK, I stand corrected, but I’m still confused. You say “it’s not to do with the length of stay” but in the next sentence you say “the owner must have a hotel license for short term stays”.

So how long is a “‘short term stay”, if not 30 days or less?

Edited by CygnusX1

On 10/5/2022 at 7:38 PM, scubascuba3 said:

apartment is a hotel type place with maybe circ 50 rooms, pay elec and water separate, apartments don't usually have kitchens

Wrong. Apartments are condos. They do have kitchens. Condo is a US term, apartments Aussie.

You are talking guesthouses

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Stay in a hotel or guesthouse for 3 nights, that should give you time to look around, there are plenty of condos from 3 months or less up, just make sure you are paying the government rate for electricity 4-5 Bt a unit. Some will try and rip you off.

Exactly

Lots of guesthouses do weekly or monthly

Look at booking.com

Or youtube. Vloggers do the work for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Wrong. Apartments are condos. They do have kitchens. Condo is a US term, apartments Aussie.

Many of the new condo studio apartments do not have kitchen, except water boiler, microwave and maybe an single  electric cooker of cheap quality.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mushroomdave said:

If you want Jomtien, well my apartment is a 5 min walk behind  Rompho Market with pool view for 4,000b/month. It's a year lease but I am sure they would do a few months same as they need tenants.  

https://www.city1residence.com/

Can always bargain deals. Hotels discount on 2 night stays. Do a 3 month deal for sure.

12 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Nope, in Thailand, not America or Australia or anywhere else, they are referred to as apartments, sometimes guesthouses, very different to condos, pointless using terms from other countries

11 hours ago, marin said:

One more very strange thing about you. No thanks. But just getting out and looking for a place is going in the right direction.

For those recommending Air BnB that wont work. Much too expensive for him. 

I am using Air bnb little bit more expensive but not that much I assume they charge around 15% so obviously landlords probably add that as opposed to getting Tennant direct fair enough. 

Perhaps because it's getting busier might be difficult to get 2 months at same condo I noticed air bnb when you put dates e.g 7.10.22 till 6.12.22 they sometimes put 2 condo stays e.g view tally 3 from 7.10.22 till 14.11.22 then 14.11.22 till 6.12.22 at other condo because landlords that take short term bookings probably do not have complete dates available 

On 10/5/2022 at 4:55 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Simple 

Stay in a hotel for  few nights, then walk around your preferred choice of area and ask in the Condos .

Some Condos that want a year contract may give you a few months if you ask personally 

Beat me to the punch! Personally his problem is full of???? 

Until he figure it out Hotel

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Condos can be owned by companies and quite common

Yes of course, a company can be an individual owner of a condominium. But the difference is that apartments are only ever owned by companies, not by individuals. 

This is about the building (not the units) and how many people share in its ownership. 

8 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

Yes of course, a company can be an individual owner of a condominium. But the difference is that apartments are only ever owned by companies, not by individuals. 

This is about the building (not the units) and how many people share in its ownership. 

The main difference isn't the legal structure\ownership, but how they operate, size and facilities

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

ok so how do condos operate vs apartments?

As said previously, condo owners own a share of the management company which means they own a share of the freehold/building. Apartment blocks are owned by the real estate development company or similar and leased or rented to tenants. Condo's can be sub-leased to tenants but this doesn't change the ownership rights. "Operation, size and facilities" have got nothing to do with the way they are differentiated.