English breakfast in Thai hotels

superal

1 hour ago, BoganInParasite said:

English style breakfasts available in at least one northern Thai homestay. No black pudding though, cannot be sourced in our province. Won't mention the name, am sure that would breach a forum rule.

IMG_1549r.JPG

IMG_2137r.JPG

IMG_1774r.JPG

Is that supposed to be bacon?????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Got to agree, why fly half or a third way around the world and then want food and drinks like back home?

You make it sound like food is the only thing worth coming here for.

I happen to like Thai food, but if I didn't that alone wouldn't have stopped me coming here.

5 minutes ago, JayClay said:

You make it sound like food is the only thing worth coming here for.

I happen to like Thai food, but if I didn't that alone wouldn't have stopped me coming here.

"You make it sound like food is the only thing worth coming here for."

Not at all, the reason I mentioned food is because it was in the headline of the post. "English breakfast in Thai hotels"

I fully agree with you though, its not just food that brings people here.

1 minute ago, mikeymike100 said:

"You make it sound like food is the only thing worth coming here for."

Not at all, the reason I mentioned food is because it was in the headline of the post. "English breakfast in Thai hotels"

I fully agree with you though, its not just food that brings people here.

You didn't just "mention" food. You criticized people for not wanting to eat Thai food 24/7 all the time they are here.

7 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Well, try stepping outside your hotel. Plenty of places in both Bangkok and Pattaya sell a very authentic English fry-up, usually pubs but other places that cater to foreigners too. I personally used to go to the Pig & Whistle in Pattaya Soi 7 and in Bangkok I've most recently been to O'Shea's on Suk 33/1. Tons of other places too. My only gripe is that many places don't open until 9 or later, but there are some who open earlier.

Nice photo, by the way, and not a hash brown in sight. They're American and have no place in an English breakfast. And with a plate like that, lunch not required ????

No hash browns but bubble & squeak are OK?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, superal said:

I have never stayed in a hotel that has an English breakfast on the menu 

Agreed, In 20 odd years I have only ever seen an American breakfast offered as a choice.

The best buffet I have come across was the Holiday Inn in Pattaya. They had back bacon, sausages that did taste a bit English and eggs cooked to order. Think they had the fried tomatoes and beans but you will struggle to find black pudding and the English kind of mushrooms served up in a hotel for breakfast.

• Thanks 1