English breakfast in Thai hotels

superal

17 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

200 baht with 2 coffees

20220910_120642.jpg

20220910_120644.jpg

Not knocking it, it’s not bad value, but It doesn’t quite hit the mark.

3 mushrooms, some waffle kind of thing, somethings kind of resembling sausages and two slices of farmhouse briefly shown the toaster on the way out of the kitchen .. Mai Phan! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, recom273 said:

3 mushrooms, some waffle kind of thing, somethings kind of resembling sausages and two slices of farmhouse briefly shown the toaster on the way out of the kitchen .. Mai Phan! 

Tasted good

Coffee good

4 hours ago, marin said:

How many hotels in England offer a Thai breakfast? 

.... Just like a Continental Breakfast, a Sunday Roast, or a Plowmans lunch....  the English Breakfast is the name of a ‘type’ of food rather than specifically being synonymous with England. 

Its like having a ‘Sunday Roast’ on a Saturday, its still a Sunday Roast !!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chuang said:

I wonder if they offer Thai breakfast in an English hotel.

I have seen quite a lot of U.K pubs with a Thai restaurant as kitchen , like a UK pub where the restaurant part or food suppler is a Thai restaurant  .

Some pubs have a hotel upstairs and a Thai restaurant 

I stayed at a nice little resort in CM - Brit owner - served that Brit b-fast w/beans... except not being a Brit, he didn't give me beans.. I didn't complain - I checked out. He is now out of business... 

saved himself 5 baht and lost a customer...

a real ( 0 ) 

Edited by 1FinickyOne
  • Haha 2

Whether a hotel serves an English breakfast, or something approaching it, depends on how upmarket the hotel is. Most top hotels will.

The best breakfast I have encountered here is at Sausage King in Chiang Mai, it's so filling I always skip lunch that day.

The breakfast I cook for myself consists of one slice of toast and Vegemite, two poached eggs, and some fruit. I sometimes wonder how the British managed to conquer the world, given the stodge they eat for breakfast. Perhaps that's down to the indigestion afterwards.

• Thanks 1

Pats place Hua Hin.

On menu as English/American, Large or small.

I have small, fried egg, beans, mushrooms,black pudding,or hash browns, fried tomato 1/2, back bacon and decent sausage. Thick slice of toast butter and jam.

If I were younger the large doubles the amount of food.

All for a very reasonable price..

Maybe once a week when we go down town as they also do good choices for my Thai wife.

For the idiots that insist on knocking most posts. My rice cooker is always on, my Thai family eat Thai as I do (only one chili for me). They are also becoming accustomed to European cusine as I like cooking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Why didnt you ask for some beans ?

Maybe he ran out of beans or the chef just forgot ?

Just need to say "Excuse me , can I have some beans "

W or w/o spittle? 

Others got beans - he made his decision - I made mine... plenty of other nice places to stay... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have seen quite a lot of U.K pubs with a Thai restaurant as kitchen , like a UK pub where the restaurant part or food suppler is a Thai restaurant  .

Some pubs have a hotel upstairs and a Thai restaurant 

Lunch or dinner

No soup for breakfast

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

I would purposely not book a hotel if they served this breakfast.  A big reason obesity and diabetes are on the rise in England.  Just a terrrible greasy artery clogging mess.

Quite...  because other people eating what they want for breakfast clogs YOUR arteries when staying at a hotel, right ?....     

.... Do you also avoid restaurants that serve sugar with coffee ??...  :whistling:

• Haha 1

If you're ever in Phuket 'SB' in Kamala, and Wilsons in Rawai do a cracking Aussie beach style breaky, and will add or subtract items as you like ... but none of that black puddin' stuff in either thank goodness lol ????

4 hours ago, Boyn said:

Why do people travel to exotic countries and then demand English food ? if its that big of a deal stay at home or go to Spain.

Thailand is a more exotic and cheaper Spain for many here. Some great full English breakfasts in Bangkok and Pattaya for sure.

22 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I would purposely not book a hotel if they served this breakfast.  A big reason obesity and diabetes are on the rise in England.  Just a terrrible greasy artery clogging mess.

Out of interest , what do you eat for breakfast , what would you recommend ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, recom273 said:

I got this in Cha Am pre covid in an Irish place on a side soi.

2 wholemeal toast

2 eggs

2 ham

2 bacon

1 long sausage

Home fries

Tomato

Beans

2 coffee.

Orange juice ( tipco )

Was 140 baht then. Ordered it and shared some with wife about 60/40

Very satisfied.

P_20180322_102054.jpg

The best breakfast I've ever had was at the Amari Boulevard, Soi 5, Sukhumvit. An amazing buffet with a Chef to cook your eggs to order. They even had 2 types of bacon, crispy or soft. A honeycomb press to deliver freshly squeezed honey plus just about all you could wish for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1