English breakfast in Thai hotels

superal

5 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I stayed at a nice little resort in CM - Brit owner - served that Brit b-fast w/beans... except not being a Brit, he didn't give me beans.. I didn't complain - I checked out. He is now out of business... 

saved himself 5 baht and lost a customer...

a real ( 0 ) 

So you checked out and refuse to go back because he didnt give you the beans for breakfast??? who's the real 0 here?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dan O said:

So you checked out and refuse to go back because he didnt give you the beans for breakfast??? who's the real 0 here?

Undoubtedly the brutish British innkeeper, in my opinion... he had an attitude and why should I put up with not getting the same meal as the others there. He was not just an ( o ) he was a big ( O )... don't take offense because you are

Dan O...

If you don't like the service, do you return? I didn't make a stink over it.. I just went someplace else...  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Undoubtedly the brutish British innkeeper, in my opinion... he had an attitude and why should I put up with not getting the same meal as the others there. He was not just an ( o ) he was a big ( O )... don't take offense because you are

Dan O...

If you don't like the service, do you return? I didn't make a stink over it.. I just went someplace else...  

Maybe he ran out of baked beans

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Maybe he ran out of baked beans

and found them again for the Brits who came in a few minutes later... he was skimping... thought he was real smart... as you know, no lack of decent places to stay in CM - even way back when.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

and found them again for the Brits who came in a few minutes later... he was skimping... thought he was real smart... as you know, no lack of decent places to stay in CM - even way back when.

I stay in thai run places

Eat thai run restaurants

That Breakfast i posted was Thai chef and manager

So whats the different between an English or American Breakfast? I booked for a few weeks into a apartment in Pattaya and I get American Breakfast included in the price every morning, since I am not a big eater anymore I am quiet happy with a fried egg

and a saussage and a bit of bacon maybe a slice of bread and some coffee.

I am not very keen on Thai food but I do eat some of it, lived in Thailand for many years

but mostly cooked myself in my kitchen. Well I am not a Pom or a yank but do prefere

western food. I do love to cook I cook any food Italian Indian German Chinese and many

others and yes you might not include Chinese or Indian in western food but I do not

search or insist for special food from any country, happy eating guys.

13 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

That is not what I posted, or even inferred.

You said "why fly half or a third way around the world and then want food and drinks like back home?"

That very much inferred that you don't understand why people would want anything other than Thai food whilst here.

10 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

W or w/o spittle? 

Others got beans - he made his decision - I made mine... plenty of other nice places to stay... 

Maybe, just maybe, somebody else ordered their breakfast without beans and the orders got mixed up? I occasionally order without beans and get mildly annoyed if the request is apparently ignored. I didn't ever stop to think, until now, that there may be somebody else getting their breakfast without beans which is seemingly a far more stressful event.

3 minutes ago, JayClay said:

You said "why fly half or a third way around the world and then want food and drinks like back home?"

That very much inferred that you don't understand why people would want anything other than Thai food whilst here.

Maybe, just maybe, somebody else ordered their breakfast without beans and the orders got mixed up? I occasionally order without beans and get mildly annoyed if the request is apparently ignored. I didn't ever stop to think, until now, that there may be somebody else getting their breakfast without beans which is seemingly a far more stressful event.

Same price so you still paying for beans

In 30 years I've never seen one.

I always go room only because in my opinion hotel breakfasts are a waste of money and of course are rarely fresh to order in the vast majority of hotels, except perhaps the very top end 5 star places.

Whereas outside the choices are many and fresh.

21 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

I always go room only because in my opinion hotel breakfasts are a waste of money and of course are rarely fresh to order in the vast majority of hotels, except perhaps the very top end 5 star places.

Hotel brekkies, unless full on buffets, w/egg station, are usually a disappointment.  We usually pass on brekkie. 

Decent value, if you don't mind your hot being room temp at best, or your cold being not even close, with some of the worse coffee and sugar'd up orange drink passed off as OJ.

That said ... during covid, the ibis / Mercure chains stopped the buffet and went ala carte, and order as much as you want, until stuffed.  Most coming out fresh & hot.  A pleasant change & surprise.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Some Bkk hotels have good ones for free. Dma was a old 4 star, there's was very good and free.

ABF =   1 x  cold fried egg ,  CP packet ham floating in water ,  CP mini sausages floating in water ,  1 x slice of toast that's actually just warm bread ,   1  x  watered down orange juice powder mix ,   1 x cold coffee.

Absolutely disgusting ....

image.png.e988a0c4809c8bd101405f17f4997565.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Denim said:

I got this in Cha Am pre covid in an Irish place on a side soi.

2 wholemeal toast

2 eggs

2 ham

2 bacon

1 long sausage

Home fries

Tomato

Beans

2 coffee.

Orange juice ( tipco )

Was 140 baht then. Ordered it and shared some with wife about 60/40

Very satisfied.

P_20180322_102054.jpg

Ham? 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Denim said:

I got this in Cha Am pre covid in an Irish place on a side soi.

2 wholemeal toast

2 eggs

2 ham

2 bacon

1 long sausage

Home fries

Tomato

Beans

2 coffee.

Orange juice ( tipco )

Was 140 baht then. Ordered it and shared some with wife about 60/40

Very satisfied.

P_20180322_102054.jpg

That looks pretty appetising to me, but since it's an Irish eatery, I'm surprised there isn't any black pud. To me black pud is an essential ingredient of a full English/Irish/Scottish breakfast.

Edited by Mutt Daeng