Pattaya authorities give update on road expansion project on Beach Road

webfact

On 10/8/2022 at 4:04 AM, newnative said:

I applaud the city for planning special events to bring visitors to Pattaya.  However, there has been little or no thought by the city regarding traffic flow to handle the large crowds, which do indeed 'make getting into town a nightmare'. 

It's one thing to throw a party, it's another thing to be able to cater for it, and I'm not talking about just the food.

Edited by Leaver

On 10/7/2022 at 9:29 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

All over the world towns and cities are converting streets to pedestrian walks. I've watched dozens of virtual walk videos, mostly of places in Europe but also elsewhere. Even Manhattan has narrowed streets and given pedestrians more space, no doubt in some cases due to the pandemic.

Thailand though, as so often, does the opposite and wants to widen a road where one should not even be in the first place. Just imagine how much more pleasant Beach Road would be if it were pedestrianised, with limited access to vehicles for deliveries only. Second Road is easily wide enough for two-way traffic to compensate.

And there's still plenty of money to be made from re-paving the entire road, as they did with Walking Street. The only downside is that it might take them several years to complete a job that the Chinese would finish in less than a month.

Can you imagine how many food carts they could get on beach road if it was pedestrian only?

Edited by overherebc
  • Haha 1