Bluetooth Earphones.

NoshowJones

When I charge my bluetooth earphones it starts off as normal with the red light on, then instead of it turning blue when charged, it turns white, and it is not charged, it won't even turn on.

Is there anything I can do to get it charged as I have been doing for a long time now? Thanks.

Locate the manual (online) and see what the lights designate.

Maybe it's not connected to AC power and the unit has been drained of power. Maybe the cheap AC adapter is blown.

I assume you have seated and reseated the buds many times in the case.

A battery in a bud could be dead especially if they are cheap.

6 minutes ago, BonMot said:

Maybe it's not connected to AC power and the unit has been drained of power. Maybe the cheap AC adapter is blown.

Are there batteries in the actual bud?

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

sorry, my mistake. Steam.   555

Batteries have come a long way for those things. I have an old pair of Redmi and they barely last an hour... Maybe not. New sub USD100 buds from US will last 7-15 hours.

If you have a cheap pair they're prolly toast

Maybe try reset?

•Solution 1:

• Factory reset (press and hold both volume buttons + and - together for 5 seconds)

•Solution 2:

• Press or slide (depending on your headphones model) power button 3 times.

•Solution 3:

• Press and hold the power button for one minute.

Or: Maybe buy some Hoco or Mosidun BT earphones.

Playback time about 15 to 20 hrs.

Mosidun R8 : NEW หูฟัง Bluetooth V4.2 แบบ Earspod รุ่นใหม่ล่าสุด เสียงดี ของแท้ มีประกันศูนย์ | Shopee Thailand

Hoco ES62 Wireless Earphones หูฟังไร้สาย หูฟังบลูทูธสำหรับออกกำลังกาย เสียบเมมได้ | Shopee Thailand

or Hoco earphone W35 

https://shopee.co.th/Hoco-W35-หูฟังบลูทูธคไร้สายแบบครอบหู-รองรับการเล่นเพลง-แบตเตอรี่ทนทาน-แท้100--i.75238394.14782853553?sp_atk=9804a813-d931-4

Cost about 350 Baht.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, rankric said:

Sounds like something is not in bluetooth discovery mode. They are normally 1 button so maybe just play with them a bit. Mine go white too and the thing works great. Lost one but the remaining one still works very well. 

It is working OK with the white now, but I cannot get the volume up no matter how I press the + button, and the volume only works out the one earphone.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

It is working OK with the white now, but I cannot get the volume up no matter how I press the + button, and the volume only works out the one earphone.

Maybe the volume is controlled on the device it is connected to ie from the android phone or the windows computer.

What brand of earphones are they?

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

They are independent. Both need to be connected. Same way you do one, do the other.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, userabcd said:

Maybe the volume is controlled on the device it is connected to ie from the android phone or the windows computer.

The make is Remax Model RB 317. They were used with both my laptop and smartphone.

The volume is controlled on the device, there is a switch for on/off, also a, + o - which should control the volume.

16 hours ago, rankric said:

They are independent. Both need to be connected. Same way you do one, do the other.

I don't understand this, there is the on/off switch which does both the earphones, also the volume buttons. They are both on one of the earphones, you cannot connect them individually.

I don't understand this, there is the on/off switch which does both the earphones, also the volume buttons. They are both on one of the earphones, you cannot connect them individually.

Mine connect individually.

• Like 1

The make is Remax Model RB 317. They were used with both my laptop and smartphone.

The volume is controlled on the device, there is a switch for on/off, also a, + o - which should control the volume.

OK... so they’re Remax RB S17.

Both will (should) connect at the same time (I’m not aware of any headphones that connect L & R individually).

If the headphones are connected and one side isn’t working - check your L / R sound settings on your laptop or device to which you are connected (also try different devices to see if the issue is device specific).

IF only one of the headphones continues to work and all other options are exhausted, it could just be that your headphones are broken. 

IF you can’t get the volume any higher than you are currently achieving through the volume control on the headphones, check the source... you may be at low volume at the source (the volume of some headphones do not synchronise with the source).

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2022 at 5:41 PM, userabcd said:

Remax.  Model  RB-517 

1 minute ago, NoshowJones said:

Not that I can see.

There must be, otherwise how would they work. They are usually charged by sitting them in a small case. I got some a year or so back from Lazada for Bht 169, and they are very good.

55 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

There must be, otherwise how would they work. They are usually charged by sitting them in a small case. I got some a year or so back from Lazada for Bht 169, and they are very good.

I don't understand about a small case, I have two sets of earphones, both cost about 2000Bt and are about 3 years old, the other set is working fine. I will take them to a computer shop the next time I am in Nakhon Sawan.

I just can't get the hang of adjusting the volume on them using the + and - buttons.

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2022 at 1:41 PM, userabcd said:

Thanks but everything in the link to Shopee is in Thai, nothing there to chance it to English. Lazada for all their faults can at least have a button to press for English.

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2022 at 6:42 PM, BonMot said:

Batteries have come a long way for those things. I have an old pair of Redmi and they barely last an hour... Maybe not. New sub USD100 buds from US will last 7-15 hours.

If you have a cheap pair they're prolly toast

I think people are getting mixed up with the earphones I am talking about here, they are not individual buds, but a headset at the cost around 2000Bt.

I have now bought a pair of bluetooth ear buds which cost around 700Bt and I am very pleased with them, and they have a great sound, but as I have said in another thread that they keep falling out of my ears. then some unhelpful poster thinks he is being funny by say I should use superglue.

On 2/14/2023 at 8:49 AM, NoshowJones said:

I think people are getting mixed up with the earphones I am talking about here, they are not individual buds, but a headset at the cost around 2000Bt.

I have now bought a pair of bluetooth ear buds which cost around 700Bt and I am very pleased with them, and they have a great sound, but as I have said in another thread that they keep falling out of my ears. then some unhelpful poster thinks he is being funny by say I should use superglue.

Don't know what your earbuds look like but you could try silicon ear hooks ordered on lazada.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/silicone-earhook-holder-for-airpods-1-2-pro-1pair-protective-anti-lost-ear-hook-for-airpods-3-sports-earhook-i3985364793.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.56.2fc83813YPivfG

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ear-hook-clamp-loop-clip-i4164289990.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.86.2fc83813YPivfG

Another method is to wear a woolen cap pulled down over the ears to keep the earbuds in.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/p-u-m-a-cap-100-i4017937009.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.173.79fe43a0ZwmByz

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2022 at 5:04 PM, BonMot said:

No these are not the buds in a case, they are the older type. I have since bought the ear buds and I cannot keep them safely in my ear, yet  I see people using them all the time ie on the MRT and they don't seem to fall out, I must be doing something wrong.