One way ticket and Non-O visa.

Hi everyone. ????

I would like to know if the immigration can refuse an enter from an airport if I only have one way ticket ?

Also, does Thai Airways or any companies can refuse me to board ?

A simple plane ticket for Malaysia for example could be enough to avoid any refusal?

I would be curious to know if any of you have already had this kind of experience.

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, beeyonder said:

Thank you. ????

If I have a out ticket airplane for any borders country ? That's will allow me to embark from my country to Thailand with a one way ticket ?

IF you have an Non-O visa. No outbound ticket is required. If you do not have a visa, an outbound ticket is required to anywhere.

21 hours ago, beeyonder said:

If I have a out ticket airplane for any borders country ?

As already pointed out....

With a non O visa the airline will not request an onward flight.

This type of question comes up often moreso flying without visa.

For peace of mind I always suggest having internet access at departure.

In the event of any issue a person can step away from check in and buy cheapest confirmed flight in a minute.

Having stated that you will not have an issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

I recently returned to Thailand from Europe, where my Thai Airways ticket had me only entering Thailand (with no return Thai Airways ticket) outside of Europe.  I had read one really should have a throw-away ticket, so in fact I did buy one, which I posted about previous on this forum ( I bought a legitimate Krabi to Kuala Lumpur one way ticket for 740 Thai baht.)

In Frankfurt, Thai-Airways did not ask for my return ticket. BUT I suspect they saw my old Type-OA visa (in my passport), so my old permission to stay, and saw (an no longer valid re-entry permit) and mistakenly thought I had an appropriate re-entry permit, which I did not have.

In Bangkok, the Thai Immigration Officer (IO) asked for my ticket. I passed him my boarding pass, and I was told, "NO - ticket".  I did not now which ticket he wanted? The ticket to fly to Thailand, or my ticket showing me leaving Thailand.  I was rummaging through my backpack to get both tickets, during which the IO ws talking to my wife (in Thai).

I have no idea what was said, but then the Thai IO waved me through, and I did not have to show a ticket.  I asked my wife a week later what was the discussion she had with the IO, and she could not remember it.

In the past few days, a friend of mine entered Thailand from Vietnam with a one way ticket (Vietnam Airlines). He was ask to show a departure from Thailand ticket.  He was entering Thailand Visa Exempt (as his previous Type-OA visa permission to stay had expired).  He had a throw-away ticket (legitimate) that he showed them, and they allowed him to board. 

Edited by oldcpu
  • Thanks 1