Australian Embbasy Bkk

Took my mate on friday for his appointment, following the GPS, looking at the enterance road it just looks like a huge builing site, and it was closed, the next entrance was through the building site with traffic light to control trucks in and out. Nothing on the main road to indicate where the embbassy is, no flag no temperary sign, even the postie was looking for it,  15min early was seen and then the jobsworth started, my mate had got the photos done buy a proffesional photogrpher, all done to there specs, "you need to go get more photo, this may be rejected at Canberra, if not have enough pixles or the right paper'' he told her they were fine. filled the form and paid told to sit and wait, 30min later he goes to the counter, "why am I waitng?"  "reciept computer not working, will you take a wrriten one ?" 'yes' waits again she has lost her stapler off she goes looking for it, comes back later and has forgotten to bring a stapler with her. it took over 1.5 hours before he left. 

Went there maybe 6 weeks back.

Yes.

Huge construction site next door at the moment.

I couldn't find the entry road. A MBT rider finally showed me.

Inside the Embassy I felt like a criminal, it's so cold and sterile.

Guess it is what it is these days.

But all the staff who served me were cool.

I'm sure they are trained to be somewhat off-handed.

Tell your mate to relax next time.

The Embassy website actually tells which shop to go to for the correct photos.

Take a book to read, it's not all that difficult.

23 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Tell your mate to relax next time.

The Embassy website actually tells which shop to go to for the correct photos.

Take a book to read, it's not all that difficult

He was relaxed, the photographer was shown from their web site, in thai, notes to the photographer,

The point was if he had not gone to the counter, he would not have known the problem with printing out the reciept as they didn't bother to tell him, he could have sat there for hours.