major facebook problems

jwest10

I know these days on all subjects one is ever so lucky to talk to a human being and everything seems to have standard questions and answers on site or via google.
Often not all answers are covered and not very easy to understand as many of us are not up to scratch as regarding modern technology and computers.
Cut to the chase it seems being on Facebook and so many people having problems with security and lock outs etc.

Yes have a 2 id  authentication  on my setting and recently been using Google Chrome asmy browser and sometimes us other ones but though my own home computer keeps locking me out and reiterate not bean blocked.
I am trying just to keep to one browser but  even then just in the last 2 weeks getting locked out.
I know so many instructions on google and Facebook but do need it for a few sites and so on.
Anyone having trouble and wondered if I take off this 2 factor id it will cause problems and yes even with the 6 and 8 digit codes and yes a new password and then trying to take a photo which does not fit or come out clearly.
Yes had some help with someone taking a picture of the id on the mobile phone and managing to send to Facebook.
To say the least so many problems to seemingly doing the simple things and like the banks and other institutions security is paramount and do accept it.
Bad enough when extended family thieve or cheat you out of monies and then say it was a gift and not a loan.
Thanks all

My FB account log-in is set to just accept my email address as ID and then a good strong password for password. No two factor authentication. Works just fine all the time.

I'm careful about my FB password, don't share it with anyone, and don't use the same PW for FB that I use anywhere else.

Also, I don't have or do anything on my FB account that would be particularly sensitive or private information.

PS - It helps to use a password manager like Last Pass or BitWarden as a browser extension, which will save and keep all your different passwords... locked behind a master password that only you should know...

That way, you can have and use DIFFERENT passwords for your various accounts, without having to mentally remember them all, and/or, write them down on a cheat sheet somewhere that someone else might gain access to.

The new Facebook or Meta is a pain in the ar_e .....   I found it so difficult to navigate and when you have an issue,  like you said, the answers do not cover the problem,  also how the heck do you email someone who can help you.   

I've almost given up on Meta OR WHATEVER it is now. 

35 minutes ago, steven100 said:

The new Facebook or Meta is a pain in the ar_e .....   I found it so difficult to navigate and when you have an issue,  like you said, the answers do not cover the problem,  also how the heck do you email someone who can help you.   

I've almost given up on Meta OR WHATEVER it is now. 

See it as a bliss. You are free from all the garbage 1,2 billion people are posting on a daily basis. ???? 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

See it as a bliss. You are free from all the garbage 1,2 billion people are posting on a daily basis. ???? 

Yes do use a few sites and thanks for the help but it is useful coz some people believe it or not do not have an email account but yes I do but good point about emailing someone but all too technical for me.

2 hours ago, DezLez said:

Any chance of the OP reposting with a simple sentence stating what he wants to say. 

I have no clue what the OP is about!

I think he's been locked out of his Facebook and he can't contact them to help him. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't have FB. Used to have it until about 10 years back. Now I receive SMS nearly daily with some code to login. Had I not had a dual factor authentication, that person/s would have logged in and started scamming others in my name. I know of people selling all kind of stuff with stolen accounts, then disappearing, and sending police to homes of those whose accounts were hacked.

Security questions and OTP are there for a reason.

6 hours ago, jwest10 said:

Yes do use a few sites and thanks for the help but it is useful coz some people believe it or not do not have an email account but yes I do but good point about emailing someone but all too technical for me.

Excuse me? Who are you talking to? Is posting an answer on the right person for you comment also to technical for you?

• Haha 1

I'll never do 2 factor again unless I get involved in Bitcoin or something.   

Facebook is great if you want to spam emails to the sheep.    It's so easy to make billions of dollars as the sheep beg for more.....

now, to be a sheep on Facebook is the worst thing you can do.....

Do you want to be a sheep that walks to a wolf and says, "I am your slave!!!"    

NO

be the wolf

On 10/9/2022 at 5:04 PM, jwest10 said:

OP, Reddit have an active and helpful Facebook community

https://www.reddit.com/r/facebook/ .