Many Russians on BKK-HKT flight.

CANSIAM

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Talk to 2 people, but 'many' from Russia ????

Unless on a direct flight to HKT, you'd need transit stickers.

Actually the escaping Vladisvostok fella said many onboard, Im sure many are holidaying rather than fleeing as well.........

"Many Russians on BKK-HKT flight"

Landing in Bangkok and "fleeing" to Phuket one of the most expensive spots in the country?

Must be rich refugees.

Or have relatives there?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The thing about these Russian "draft dodgers" is morally ambiguous.

Yes, yes.... I but it happened in US history and Vietnam war. Do you want to discuss it too ? I doubt, it is such an obvious topic.

Don't you know that even Ukranians try to escape draft too ?

About russians, some flee, but much more go to the war. With fears, but go.

8 minutes ago, plus7 said:

Yes, yes.... I but it happened in US history and Vietnam war. Do you want to discuss it too ? I doubt, it is such an obvious topic.

Don't you know that even Ukranians try to escape draft too ?

About russians, some flee, but much more go to the war. With fears, but go.

Well yes I do think about Vietnam.

I knew some draft dodgers but all were active dissenters (but the penalties for that were mild compared to Russia). 

I was an active dissenter myself, sorry, Okies from Muskokies. 

About Russians fleeing. Come on man. Can you name one time in world history where there has been such a dramatic and large wave of "draft dodgers" fleeing any other country? 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

o add, men trying to leave are questioned at borders and SOME are turned away from leaving. The top targets of that are the younger men. 

Just like in Ukraine.  Just saying......

5 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

He said he would try to remain outside russia until putin was dead.

At the end of the day these Russian draft dodgers will have to go home at sometime in the future. Do they really think that they're going to be welcomed home with open arms? They've committed a treasonable act and will still be accountable for their actions no matter when they go home. Putin or no Putin.

13 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

At the end of the day these Russian draft dodgers will have to go home at sometime in the future. Do they really think that they're going to be welcomed home with open arms? They've committed a treasonable act and will still be accountable for their actions no matter when they go home. Putin or no Putin.

Describing draft dodging as treason is a bit of an exaggeration.

According to the laws of the nation one may be guilty of a crime and it carries fines and/or prison sentences.

Ref partial extract from Wikipedia

"Draft evasion is any successful attempt to elude a government-imposed obligation to serve in the military forces of one's nation. Sometimes draft evasion involves refusing to comply with the military draft laws of one's nation.[1] Illegal draft evasion is said to have characterized every military conflict of the 20th and 21st centuries, in which at least one party of such conflict has enforced conscription.[2] Such evasion is generally considered to be a criminal offense,[1] and laws against it go back thousands of years.[3]"

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

So you would have them detained and repatriated back to Russia like Thailand is doing with those from Myanmar who enter the country, well they do it illegally so it is a different deal, but in the end if you say they are draft dodgers then they are arrestable and deportable right?

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

About Russians fleeing. Come on man. Can you name one time in world history where there has been such a dramatic and large wave of "draft

dodgers" fleeing any other country? 

If there were jets and cheap travels that times you would see a flow from US during Vietnam war.

Ok, some other examples:

Ukraine. They do run away too. The price on the border in spring was ~ $5k. Not really affordable to just everyone. At the end of summer they bought fake "university enrollment certificates". This was blocked after some time ..  Now Ukraine just don't let potentials solders leave the country.

Disclaimer: I don't deny that Ukrainians are brave fighters.

Another example: Libya, Sirya - young men prefer to be a fugitives in Europe instead of fighting. I believe you know about it.

And finally, the whole France in 1940. Of course, there were 7 brave members of Resista`nce who were filmed in 9 movies.

More than 200,000 Russians have streamed into Kazakhstan following Putin’s conscription announcement, according to the Kazakh government.

-------------

According to a 1978 book by former members of President Gerald Ford's Clemency Board, 210,000 Americans were accused of draft offenses and 30,000 left the country. 

------------------------------

Internet, more information, more draft dodgers for sure!!!!   Russians are fleeing!!!!

I just thought I heard the word Vwouuudka    ...... already called the KGB.

There are now 100 million houses in Russia with only 1 girl aged 20 watching the place.   If a falang in Thailand, go there now!!!   

Rivers of Gold arriving for Thai IOs. 

These thirty somethings will not have unlimited funds and will have to work to get by.  They will not have workpermits but not to worry Russians are all to familiar with brown paper bags.

They are not heading to Phuket because it is a holiday destination.  They are heading there because they think they will get work.

• Like 2

Way more American males avoided the draft during the Vietnam War than Russians avoiding the Ukraine War.  Some went to Canada, some went to Sweden and the more fortunate, like myself, stayed in University for 4 or more years.  America learned an important lesson from the Vitnam War...never use a draft to fight an unpopular war.  Just impoverish the lower class and have them enlist when there are are no other job options.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LALes said:

Way more American males avoided the draft during the Vietnam War than Russians avoiding the Ukraine War.  Some went to Canada, some went to Sweden and the more fortunate, like myself, stayed in University for 4 or more years.  America learned an important lesson from the Vitnam War...never use a draft to fight an unpopular war.  Just impoverish the lower class and have them enlist when there are are no other job options.

No.

I'm talking about leaving the country.

Americans that left the country are obviously very minimal compared to the Russians.

Of course corrupt fake ailments like nonexistent bone spurs used in both cases but reports are many with very real medical reasons are being scooped up in Russia.

I knew some guys that faked being gay and it worked  but that was deeply stigmatized back then.

Russians currently studying are exempt too.

But yes the same kind of deal with targeting poor and minorities.

Putin is avoiding targeting middle class in Moscow and St  Petersburg. 

Edited by Jingthing

On 10/10/2022 at 10:50 AM, Jingthing said:

In general most people in most countries don't exactly exalt people evading military service when their country calls. 

Most of the Russians escaping now didn't have a word to say in opposition to the evil war chosen by their dictator UNTIL the war came to them. Not exactly profiles in courage.

Of course, I don't blame them, but if this war lasts a long time, many are going to find it impossible to stay abroad because of visas and expenses.

So the visa expires.  Overstay vs cannon foder... Not a hard choice

• Like 1

In general most people in most countries don't exactly exalt people evading military service when their country calls. 

Most of the Russians escaping now didn't have a word to say in opposition to the evil war chosen by their dictator UNTIL the war came to them. Not exactly profiles in courage.

Of course, I don't blame them, but if this war lasts a long time, many are going to find it impossible to stay abroad because of visas and expenses.

Exactly my feelings. They can't change poor Russian leadership by running and hiding in Phuket.

• Like 1

Maybe they can apply for political asylum in some countries. I seem to remember Canada as a destination in earlier wrongful political decisions.