Many Russians on BKK-HKT flight.

CANSIAM

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What sort did they seem?

Old school types?

Z types?

New wave draft dodgers?

Most were late twenties early thirties with a few slightly older ones who looked quite wealthy by their attire.

I did see some younger guys in Patong who I would say would be mid twenties, and were in very good shape, so didn't really want to be in the "firing line" (sorry about the pun) for the compulsory call-up.

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

And I have a good idea where they are, having just returned from a trip to Villa Market in Chalong, where I would estimate that 70% of the customers were Russian!

I stopped off at Big C (Patong) on the way back and sure enough the Russian contingent is growing there too.........

How did you determine their citizenship, did they wear a T-shirts with Putin or "Z"? Did you ask them for their passports? Do you know that half of Ukraine speaks russian? Are you sure that they were speaking russian not bulgarian? What about tourists from Moldova and Latvia?

2 hours ago, fdsa said:

How did you determine their citizenship, did they wear a T-shirts with Putin or "Z"? Did you ask them for their passports? Do you know that half of Ukraine speaks russian? Are you sure that they were speaking russian not bulgarian? What about tourists from Moldova and Latvia?

They were wearing T shirts with "I love Putin" on them. I think that was a give-away!!!!!!! But just my opinion......????

• Haha 2

My understanding is if they were not served their papers, they are not considered dodgers, and can return to Russia at any time. Many may not have been served even if they had not left. That is the reason they ran so fast. If you were a likely target, it was best to get out before they serve you the notice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xylophone said:

They were wearing T shirts with "I love Putin" on them. I think that was a give-away!!!!!!! But just my opinion......????

I'll be sure to have my Zelensky 'T' on for my next Chalong grocery grab and some shoulder/elbow bumping.......

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2022 at 10:50 AM, Jingthing said:

The thing about these Russian "draft dodgers" is morally ambiguous.

In general most people in most countries don't exactly exalt people evading military service when their country calls. 

Most of the Russians escaping now didn't have a word to say in opposition to the evil war chosen by their dictator UNTIL the war came to them. Not exactly profiles in courage.

Of course, I don't blame them, but if this war lasts a long time, many are going to find it impossible to stay abroad because of visas and expenses.

More power to them there refusal says out loud the war is wrong. Yes they are covering themselve but who could blame them who wants to die in a poorly thought out and executed mass murder

• Like 1