Increased Thai Visa Fees From July 2, 2007

Increased visa fees from July 2, 2007

Penang is issuing Multi entry visas again

As of July 2, 2007, the Royal Thai Embassies and the Royal Thai Consulates will raise the visa fees as follows:

1. NON-IMMIGRANT VISA

o US $60.00 for single entry

o US $150.00 for multiple entries

o US $150.00 (APEC Multiple Entries)

o US $300.00 (Three-year Non-Immigrant "B" for Business and Work)

2. TOURIST VISA

o US $30.00 per entry

3. TRANSIT VISA

o US $25.00 per entry

Source:

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/

http://www.thaiembdc.org/

Related thread:

Penang is issuing Multi entry visas again:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127365

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to see what happens in AUS where currently the Non O Multiple is AUD$225.00

Using the X-rate at present:-

USD$150 x 1.2 = 180

I bet they don't reduce it.

Edit: Typo

Edited by bdenner

2. TOURIST VISA

o US $30.00 per entry

Wasn't it free???

You are confusing the Visa Exemption (30 days on arrival) which is free,

with formal Tourist visa (60 days per entry) which has always attracted a fee.

PRESS RELEASE

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand has recently instructed the Embassies and Consulates of Thailand across the world to review the visa fees in order to reflect the effects pf exchange rate fluctuation between Thai baht and other local currencies during the pass three years (2003-2007). As a result, the Royal Thai Embassy in London has learnt that the value of the Thai baht in comparison with the value of the British pound has been increased approximately 10%. In this connection, the Embassy will adjust all categories of visa fees in order to reflect the above-mentioned loss of exchange rate between Thai baht and the British pound which will be commenced from 2 July 2007 accordingly :

1. Transit Visa 17 pounds 2. Tourist Visa 28 pounds 3. Non-Immigrant Visa, single entry 45 pounds 4. Non-Immigrant Visa, multiple entries 100 pounds 5. Non-Immigrant Visa (3 Years), multiple entries 200 pounds.

Royal Thai Embassy, London June B.E. 2550 (2007)

Increased visa fees from July 2, 2007

Penang is issuing Multi entry visas again

As of July 2, 2007, the Royal Thai Embassies and the Royal Thai Consulates will raise the visa fees as follows:

1. NON-IMMIGRANT VISA

o US $60.00 for single entry

o US $150.00 for multiple entries

o US $150.00 (APEC Multiple Entries)

o US $300.00 (Three-year Non-Immigrant "B" for Business and Work)

2. TOURIST VISA

o US $30.00 per entry

3. TRANSIT VISA

o US $25.00 per entry

Source:

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/

http://www.thaiembdc.org/

Related thread:

Penang is issuing Multi entry visas again:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127365

Thanks George for the post. I am literally out the door now in pursuit of my Non Imm B Visa; going back to my home country (USA). The professionals I deal with could not give me this information but I am glad you did, because, and hopefully another X pat can benefit.

Keoki :o

I paid for my non O multiple 120 euros in A'dam last month. Is allready the equavalent of 150 dollars ......One more thing , if the foreign affairs are calculating everything in on currencies , they should also down the amount of money ask for example the retirees . Baht up 10% ,means 800k should go to 700k :o I think a lot of posters would appreciate that ,especially the americans ,should be fair to do though , not that we can expect anything ofcourse ,would be nice for a change .

I'm not real sure what they are talking about, BUT, the last time I needed a re-entry visa it cost me 1,000 baht. If that price is for the same entry visa it looks to me like it has doubled and NOT gotten cheaper.

I paid for my non O multiple 120 euros in A'dam last month. Is allready the equavalent of 150 dollars ......One more thing , if the foreign affairs are calculating everything in on currencies , they should also down the amount of money ask for example the retirees . Baht up 10% ,means 800k should go to 700k :o I think a lot of posters would appreciate that ,especially the americans ,should be fair to do though , not that we can expect anything ofcourse ,would be nice for a change .

If I understand correctly unless you are US you need not concern yourself with the prices George has quoted which are applicable in the US. The price should be adjusted to reflect the change in the exchange rate between THB and the local currency compared to when the price was last adjusted.

So if you obtain a visa in Zimbabwe you will actually get a refund.

I'm not real sure what they are talking about, BUT, the last time I needed a re-entry visa it cost me 1,000 baht. If that price is for the same entry visa it looks to me like it has doubled and NOT gotten cheaper.

JR Texas: Raising the fees across the board is equivalent to raising the bar.........absolutely the wrong thing to do.......so that is what they decided to do. :o

Throwing another stone in the pond... The way I read the OLD regulations on the Immiration Police website was that the "Transit Visa" was what we have been calling the "Visa Exemption" and always had a price on its head (was 500 baht) but never charged at entry point.

I read somewhere a long time ago it was being waived as TAT was worried it would put off short stay visitors from stopping over in Thailand (which is what the word TRANSIT means.)

A "Flight Transit" totally within the airport to aonther country does not need a visa, hence the confusion over the name.

Appreciate this advice george. As a comparison, does anyone have a list of what these fees are as of today please (so one can work out what the increase actually means in monetary and percentage terms)? :o

As today visa fees for each category are as belows:

Transit Visa $20.00;

Tourist Visa $25.00;

Non-Immigrant Visa $50.00,

One-year multiple-entry Non-Immigrant Visa: $125

Now you can calculate the difference.

Throwing another stone in the pond... The way I read the OLD regulations on the Immiration Police website was that the "Transit Visa" was what we have been calling the "Visa Exemption" and always had a price on its head (was 500 baht) but never charged at entry point.

I read somewhere a long time ago it was being waived as TAT was worried it would put off short stay visitors from stopping over in Thailand (which is what the word TRANSIT means.)

A "Flight Transit" totally within the airport to aonther country does not need a visa, hence the confusion over the name.

A transit visa is not a visa exempt entry.

TRANSIT VISA

Purpose of visit: TRANSIT (requiring proof of confirmed onward ticket to a Third country). SPORTS or CREW (requiring letter from organization concerned and invitation letter from Thailand).

(Maximum stay 30 days, extension of stay may be applied in Thailand.)

So, has anything changed regarding visa runs if one only wants a 40-50 day stay? Reason for asking; I'm going to Thailand in August for 6 weeks, and am planning to take a three or four day trip to Singapore in the middle of that time. I assume that my 30 days starts again from the time I come back.

I dont think, although I'm not absolutely sure, that I'll be back in Thailand for another five or six months.

You should have a tourist visa for your first entry as you will not meet requirements for airline or immigration and these have recently become more closely monitored. On your return from Singapore you should not have any problem using a 30 day visa exempt entry.

//quick edit: if you make your plans and have a ticket to Singapore before your arrival in Thailand and it is within 30 days you could avoid the need for a tourist visa but I would get myself as it makes easier for everyone if you have it.

" ... Increased visa fees from July 2, 2007."

... any sign of increasing the fees for visa extensions ?

If they do it will not be related to this which is reportedly due to the change in forex rates. As extensions are applied for in Thailand then the forex doesn't come into it?

Gary A, There is no such thing as a re-entry visa, if you mean you did a visa run to the Cambodian border and came back in on a 30 day visa exemption stamp, the 1,000 Baht was for visa to enter Cambodia, the entry to Thailand was free.