What happened to On Nut?

parafareno

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It is a massive industry in the US. It is labeled a donation. We are talking about millions of women. And they call themselves civilians. 

I am from the U.K and we seem to have higher moral standards than the USA .

It is completely unacceptable to offer sex in return for favours or services , you cannot pay for a dental bill with sex in the U.K , you need to pay with money .

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

you cannot pay for a dental bill with sex in the U.K ,

I will ask my brother. ???? Not sure his wife would accept it though.

In a related story? I used to own a car previously owned by Mick McManus

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, parafareno said:

they are ruining on nut.

You do realize that a small minority of about 90%, especially Thais,  are not so keen on having sleazy beer gardens with "dirty farangs" and "women selling their body" (the Thai word for the p-word that Spider Murphy doesn't like) in their neighborhood?

Some people living in Soi 81 are not happy when they hear their soi called "little Pattaya". And some Thais avoid this neighborhood nowadays.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is an alien concept to me , I have had no association with any western woman who has offered sex in return for commodities or rental payments or anything like that .

It may happened, but I have not experienced that , so I cannot say how widespread it is 

Ive been offerred twice.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lorry said:

"women selling their body" (the Thai word for the p-word that Spider Murphy doesn't like)

One definition of prostitute is "A person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain."

No mention of woman and no mention of sex.

12 hours ago, Lorry said:

You do realize that a small minority of about 90%, especially Thais,  are not so keen on having sleazy beer gardens with "dirty farangs" and "women selling their body" (the Thai word for the p-word that Spider Murphy doesn't like) in their neighborhood?

Some people living in Soi 81 are not happy when they hear their soi called "little Pattaya". And some Thais avoid this neighborhood nowadays.

Excellent, seems I should pay a visit to soi 81.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 5:10 PM, MikeN said:

On Nut started going downhill when the original beer garden was torn down for yet another hotel and mall :sad:

Alternatively, Onnut started improving the moment that beer garden was shut down and replaced with...anything.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2

On 10/13/2022 at 12:29 AM, parafareno said:

it was still tehre when covid started...they are ruining on nut....first the market was gone opposite bts, now both beer gardens....next massage sallons?

"They" are ruining Onnut...who's "they"?   

Private businesses don't have any responsibility to the area in which they trade, nor to answer to anyone if they decide to change their location.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sparktrader said:
21 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is an alien concept to me , I have had no association with any western woman who has offered sex in return for commodities or rental payments or anything like that .

It may happened, but I have not experienced that , so I cannot say how widespread it is 

Ive been offerred twice.

Were you able to pay your rent or fix your teeth, or whatever, after those offers?!

22 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am from the U.K and we seem to have higher moral standards than the USA .

It is completely unacceptable to offer sex in return for favours or services , you cannot pay for a dental bill with sex in the U.K , you need to pay with money .

That is incredibly amusing. As if. Millions of women in the UK are paid with gifts, favors, dinners, prizes, apartments, cars and dental bills. 

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Is a "civilian whore" the same as a whore in the US?

Yes, though I avoid using that term, but if you are going to use that term, at least apply it to most politicians, all lobbyists, most corporate, insurance, defense industry, and banking executives, and alot of men.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

That is incredibly amusing. As if. Millions of women in the UK are paid with gifts, favors, dinners, prizes, apartments, cars and dental bills. 

Are you cleverly suggesting that a marriage is the same as prostitution ?

There are two different aspects to it though , a man may buy a woman a present and she may them decide to have sex .

With prostitution, a man pays the woman money and the condition he has sex with her .

Two very different situations 

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Are you cleverly suggesting that a marriage is the same as prostitution ?

There are two different aspects to it though , a man may buy a woman a present and she may them decide to have sex .

With prostitution, a man pays the woman money and the condition he has sex with her .

Two very different situations 

And which one is more honest? I consider a deal for sex, for a defined amount of money to be infinitely more honest, than take me out to dinner a few times, buy me some gifts, and maybe I will give you some. Who has more integrity? I would say a Thai freelancer is infinitely more honest and has more honor. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And which one is more honest? I consider a deal for sex, for a defined amount of money to be infinitely more honest, than take me out to dinner a few times, buy me some gifts, and maybe I will give you some. Who has more integrity? I would say a Thai freelancer is infinitely more honest and has more honor. 

That is quite an old fashion concept of the dating procedure , like how our grandparents carried on .

These days western woman are self sufficient and have their own income and often pay for themselves .

But the old fashioned way was for men to court females by becoming friends by going out on dates and maybe getting into a more serious relationship with the possibility of getting married and reproducing .

On 10/12/2022 at 7:41 PM, spidermike007 said:

I consider it judgmental and disrespectful. Many are good women, who are trying to earn some money for their kids, for their family or for their future. I don't consider it fair to tar them with that brush. Most have little in common with drug addicted street walkers in US. 

Aren't you being judgmental and disrespectful to drug addicted street walkers in the US? I'd daresay many of them deserve your sympathy just as much as their Thai sisters. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is quite an old fashion concept of the dating procedure , like how our grandparents carried on .

These days western woman are self sufficient and have their own income and often pay for themselves .

But the old fashioned way was for men to court females by becoming friends by going out on dates and maybe getting into a more serious relationship with the possibility of getting married and reproducing .

I guess things are more progressive in the UK, where very few men are emasculated. In the US, 99% of my friends "date the old fashioned way". Even 20 years ago, when I was dating back there, I can only recall one women out of dozens, who offered to go Dutch, much less pay for a meal. 

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I guess things are more progressive in the UK, where very few men are emasculated. In the US, 99% of my friends "date the old fashioned way". Even 20 years ago, when I was dating back there, I can only recall one women out of dozens, who offered to go Dutch, much less pay for a meal. 

I am honestly shocked. 

I always found dating in America weird and hard to understand (all these serial marriages...). But I didn't know it's that bad.

In Thailand,  if Thais of the same level (like 2 students of the same university, or co-workers) go out, even for a date, sharing the bill is the norm. But they will not calculate to the last penny who spent how much (in some countries this is the norm). 

• 11 months later...

Picking up on this now old thread and avoiding the opinion fest on "the oldest profession", just to say that I think OnNut has net gained from the demise of the beer gardens cum pond at BTS OnNut and the increasing footfall in the Suk soi 50 entertainment alley (booze & food, rather than tugs & hugs) - opposite the Suk soi 50 car park entries for Lotus's OnNut - now that there are some good food options (nice crispy wood-fired pizzas, interesting selection of burgers and trimmings at Eazy Burger and the Japanese place on soi 50 itself (the latter seems to have recently moved out unfortunately?).

Plus some bars where you can almost bank on being able to have a decent conversation with falangs and Thais (both genders) after 8pm - Cheap Charlies and the one to its right and left being in the forefront but there's two or three others which might have a good party vibe going on or some screened soccer on any particular night you call by.

Just the opinion of an oldie (72) Brit expat who is glad he has a condo round the corner to mix with his Thai rural family existence in loveable Isaan. What do the younger-uns living here here think of SukSoi 50 alley?

On 10/13/2022 at 11:06 AM, spidermike007 said:

It is a massive industry in the US. It is labeled a donation. We are talking about millions of women. And they call themselves civilians. 

Also massively happens in most offices, firms etc etc etc....the "promotion" exam. And this happens as much in the west as in Thailand of course.