What happened to On Nut?

parafareno

1 minute ago, realfunster said:

Been gone a few years now as I recall, I think well before COVID.

It's expensive land on a major road and near a BTS station, odds are it will get used something more profitable at some stage or when the owner gets the right offer.  The nice outdoor Thai restaurant/bar on the corner of Ekkamai suffered a similar fate...

Yeah, I used to enjoy it, used to get a good crowd.

• Like 1

There’s a sign on the fence showing their new location. I think it’s on Soi 81.  It’s about a mile away from the On Nut BTS station. I can’t see anyone going there unless they live nearby.  It’s too far away. 

It would be nice if the vacant land was used like W-district in Phra Khanong, even if it’s just temporary.  On Nut needs more places to drink and hang out with friends. 

• Like 1

I think maybe the OP is posting re the two beer gardens with food service right next to BTS on the outbound side. One had a pond in the middle. They vacated earlier this year AFAIK (irregular visitor to my condo in OnNut from Isaan during Covid).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wtboatr said:

There’s a sign on the fence showing their new location. I think it’s on Soi 81.  It’s about a mile away from the On Nut BTS station. I can’t see anyone going there unless they live nearby.  It’s too far away. 

... and I thought I was lazy.  1 mile too far ... ????

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

... and I thought I was lazy.  1 mile too far ... ????

The new location is on soi 81 only 500-600 meters from bts onnut, on left side just before the canal / klong 

Edited by nebrot
  • Like 2

The “Corner Bar” has moved around the corner into soi 81, about 500m from Sukhumwit, with more food options than before. It’s just before the klong and the dreary Sawadee bar.

On Nut started going downhill when the original beer garden was torn down for yet another hotel and mall :sad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Anyone know of other areas with good beer bars and gals to chat up? Sukhumvit area has lost a lot of bars since covid. Excluding Patpong. Yikes. Or good freelance bars besides Thermae and Oscar's? 

Are you looking for prostitutes or non prostitutes ?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Is there a difference in this case. 

In some Countries they can be picked up on the streets , in other Countries they can be picked up in bars , other Countries they leave their telephone number in phone boxes .

Is there any other difference ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

In some Countries they can be picked up on the streets , in other Countries they can be picked up in bars , other Countries they leave their telephone number in phone boxes .

Is there any other difference ?

We are not talking other countries; we are talking Thailand - specifically Bangkok.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I consider it judgmental and disrespectful. Many are good women, who are trying to earn some money for their kids, for their family or for their future. I don't consider it fair to tar them with that brush. Most have little in common with drug addicted street walkers in US. 

I agree. It's derogatory. Look at all the gold diggers in the west. Marry some bloke for money. They use that term yet they sold their soul for money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, realfunster said:

Been gone a few years now as I recall, I think well before COVID.

It's expensive land on a major road and near a BTS station, odds are it will get used something more profitable at some stage or when the owner gets the right offer.  The nice outdoor Thai restaurant/bar on the corner of Ekkamai suffered a similar fate...

it was still tehre when covid started...they are ruining on nut....first the market was gone opposite bts, now both beer gardens....next massage sallons?

18 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Eh ?, you seem to be saying that prostitutes typically are drug taking street walkers , THAT is being judgemental .

Its you who considers the word to be derogatory .

People who sell sex are indeed prostitutes , that is what the word means .

"Prostitute" doesn't mean a person who takes drugs or sells sex on the streets 

So, does the term apply to politicians? How about Western women who offer sex to men who pay their rent? Or a dental bill? Or five nice dinners? 

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

So, does the term apply to politicians? How about Western women who offer sex to men who pay their rent? Or a dental bill? Or five nice dinners? 

That is an alien concept to me , I have had no association with any western woman who has offered sex in return for commodities or rental payments or anything like that .

It may happened, but I have not experienced that , so I cannot say how widespread it is 

• Like 1