Pattaya police crack down on illegal drugs and weapons

snoop1130

EA207FB0-636C-464A-8C9D-6C7781250FD7-696x392.jpeg

Over 33 pubgoers were reportedly caught on drugs during a Pattaya police crackdown on a nightlife venue today, October 12th. A pistol and illegal drugs were also found, according to police reports.

The operation was led by Pol. Col. Kunlachart Kunlachai, police chief of the Pattaya police station, following an order from his superiors to sweep away illegal drugs and weapon issues in Pattaya.

Around 01:50 AM, Pattaya police inspected a nightlife venue named “DIRTY” on Soi Ko Phai in the Nongprue subdistrict of Banglamung, Chonburi, and had 73 individuals including pub-goers and staff undertake drug tests at the Pattaya police station.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/10/12/pattaya-police-crack-down-on-illegal-drugs-and-weapons-by-raiding-nightclub-pistol-and-drugs-found/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-10-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Did I read this right? If you go to a go go bar/beer bar/pub for a few quiet ones, you're at risk of the police storming in and dragging you down to Soi 9 for a drug test just because I happen to be there in the venue?

Is this police action meant to be promoting tourism like they're always saying?

It doesn't make me feel like going out and spending my money in a bar if half way through the night I'm gonna be subjected to this sort of treatment...  

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Inala said:

Did I read this right? If you go to a go go bar/beer bar/pub for a few quiet ones, you're at risk of the police storming in and dragging you down to Soi 9 for a drug test just because I happen to be there in the venue?

Is this police action meant to be promoting tourism like they're always saying?

It doesn't make me feel like going out and spending my money in a bar if half way through the night I'm gonna be subjected to this sort of treatment...  

What, you have never been in a place when it has been raided? Part of the City experience. They don't usually bother foreign tourists too much.... finish your beer and you are let go. (Pay your tab, they always manage to collect the money). Don't give them any of that American sass! I think recent issues are more to do with the locals..... 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The operation was led by Pol. Col. Kunlachart Kunlachai, police chief of the Pattaya police station, following an order from his superiors to sweep away illegal drugs and weapon issues in Pattaya.

Poor Kunlachart Kunlachai, , you got an order there that will be difficult to execute .