Would you accept this?

stubuzz

If you're not concerned about the corners of your home being exactly (or modestly close) to 90 degrees, and since the door is painted......

I'd have the door filled in with a good quality filler and repainted to your desired color.

No matter if you have good wood or cheap, you have to be on the alert for termites.  We've been in our house in the jungle for 24 years......all wood doors inside, no problem.  One outside door had to be replaced because of wood rot.  An outdoor bathroom and our tool shed have cheap wood doors, painted with chaindrite when installed, then touched up with a good dose of 50-50 diesel/recycled lawnmower oil.   At one time, there were some termites trying to get inside the door frame....I could see the trails/powder.  I sprayed the 50-50 mix over the period of a few days and the problem went away.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 3:25 PM, stubuzz said:

My wife agrees the door is low quality.

The builder is asking for another 8,000 baht to fit a quality door.

Your mistake was to not get out and about and purchase the door you wanted yourself, relying on "them" to "listen" to you (hahaha) get over it, throw it and buy the door yourself, its god dam cheap here for all building works, just been through a total condo refit, they have a low iq for detail cant problems solve dish up what they want, i went through a large company so have some recourse but hey i hit the wall a few times, didnt get what i thought i would in a couple of instances, since i was in the building game back home i know what it costs and it kept me balanced, the other thing here you dont want them to be taking the law into there own hands over your not paying up....swallow your pride educate yourself and supervise every step of the way...

• 3 months later...