Child custody rules in thailand ?

yaronf

On 10/13/2022 at 10:08 PM, yaronf said:

Hi, having some <deleted>ty time with the thai partner lately, were not married, we have a child together, less than 1yr old, in the event of seperation, i get that by default he goes with the mom , which im ok with and believe we will reach some agreement on how much time he will spent with each of us, not there yet but i would like to know :

is there any sort of law that can prevent her from taking him up north ? is there a distance that i could force her to keep or anything like that ? that is if i take a step to bring in a lawyer to the picture

Easier to walk away & pay nothing, if that's the way she wants it.

With no parental rights, goes no parental responsibility. 

Don't look back.

I've always found when the Thai lady understands there's no money to be made, she usually doesn't want the kid.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 5:22 PM, Kenny202 said:

Surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but if you are not married you have zero parental rights unless you go through the courts and do the paternity thing. Not that hard to do, process about 3 months and u need a lawyer...but it is a lot simpler if she supports it. If not you may need to do DNA testing. Once you get your judgement papers are lodged at the Amphur. Your name on the birth certificate gives you no rights whatsoever.

Absolutely true, but this process has been documented here before, a lawyer is not required for this process as long as you have her approval and goes with you to the Amphur.

I will be going through this process next month