Genuine Wago Connectors

19 hours ago, stubuzz said:

I'm not sure they are genuine.

Have ordered appr. 600 pcs Wago Connectors via Lazada this year, all were original Wago. But of course they are coming with a price, don't buy the cheap fake ones.

2 hours ago, UWEB said:

Have ordered appr. 600 pcs Wago Connectors via Lazada this year, all were original Wago. But of course they are coming with a price, don't buy the cheap fake ones.

Can you share a link to the shop you used?

4 hours ago, bluejets said:

Genuine or not, commonly known in electrical trade as "telephone connectors"...as that is about all they are good for.

There may well be a version of the Wago connector that is only suitable for very low voltage, I don’t know, however the vast majority of the connectors are designed for low voltage (100v~630v) usage and for conductors up to 6mm for some versions with a rated current of up to 41 A and a voltage of up to 630V.

So while your opinion may well be that they are only good for  "telephone connectors" that is different from the opinion of vary many (quite likely most) active U.K. electricians. 

the actual wago website is https://www.wago.com/global/c/installation-terminal-blocks-and-connectors?sort=relevance&f=%3Afacet_product_Serie%3A243%3Afacet_product_Serie%3A2273%3Afacet_product_Serie%3A773%3Afacet_product_Produkttyp_7845%3ASplicing connectors

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, bluejets said:

Genuine or not, commonly known in electrical trade as "telephone connectors"...as that is about all they are good for.

wago electric connector use lever clamp system for connect

telephone type connector most use insulation displacement contact type

many high standard accessory in the world now using fast connect lever and spring type

Here, and they are very expensive:

https://th.rs-online.com/web/b/wago/

If you know anybody in Germany order them over there and let them send to you. Depending on how many you need that is the cheaper option:

https://www.voltus.de/elektromaterial/installations-basics/klemmen-verbinden/klemmen-o/

Edited by OneMoreFarang

14 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Is there a version with three in/outs in line for joining cables together?

There are many different sizes and arrangements, have a look at the Wago website.

Exactly which ones are available here is a different matter of course.

• Like 2

On 10/14/2022 at 10:31 PM, stubuzz said:

I'm not sure they are genuine.

Actually side by side tests that you can see on Youtube show little or no difference.  It is the system much more than the maker.  They are great, although I have only used the older original models (thin lever) type as below (and can say for a fact they make good contact and wire does not come out if fully inserted).

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/10-40-356810-32a-250v-i958100604-s9772100023.html?&search=pdp_same_topselling

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MajorTom said:

Yes, they come in 2,3 and 5 terminals as far as i have seen. Excellent product IMO. Solid and compact. Fits anywhere.

The 2, 3 & 5 terminal version are commoned as the single one in my picture above. 
the 2 & 3 versions are pass through, with the less common “1 in 3 out” also available as the picture above.

the more expensive versions have test lead access.

• Like 2

Here is a test of both the Wago and generic, the both maintained connectivity at about 6 times the rated current at 153A, they both failed, in that they were unusable but didn’t fail in that even at 153A for 11 minutes the connectors were still functioning 

so “telephone connectors” ????? 555

3B89E323-DA4F-43B1-8E06-70CAECA148CA.thumb.jpeg.ff3f89238ede17a16d66281124191bc5.jpeg

Now if you want low current connectors these are the ones to use also of course they are cheaBC989C71-AFAF-42B7-B7F4-3FCAD8DE5ED3.jpeg.28a75b3d677827d4d3945301bcbdd326.jpegFBB85699-870B-48B7-9BD2-BD369EDDF503.thumb.jpeg.4d5c5a1366b757b1e5acb2ae6493952d.jpegper 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Here is a test of both the Wago and generic, the both maintained connectivity at about 6 times the rated current at 153A, they both failed, in that they were unusable but didn’t fail in that even at 153A for 11 minutes the connectors were still functioning 

so “telephone connectors” ????? 555

3B89E323-DA4F-43B1-8E06-70CAECA148CA.thumb.jpeg.ff3f89238ede17a16d66281124191bc5.jpeg

Now if you want low current connectors these are the ones to use also of course they are cheaBC989C71-AFAF-42B7-B7F4-3FCAD8DE5ED3.jpeg.28a75b3d677827d4d3945301bcbdd326.jpegFBB85699-870B-48B7-9BD2-BD369EDDF503.thumb.jpeg.4d5c5a1366b757b1e5acb2ae6493952d.jpegper 

Those connectors are the ones Globalhouse sell with their 24 W LED lights.

20 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Those connectors are the ones Globalhouse sell with their 24 W LED lights.

Assuming you are referring to the white push connectors then no they are not, the connectors sold as part of all the LED fittings I’ve seen here are actually a cheaper smaller version. They work OK but mine are a higher current rating. 

3 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Assuming you are referring to the white push connectors then no they are not, the connectors sold as part of all the LED fittings I’ve seen here are actually a cheaper smaller version. They work OK but mine are a higher current rating. 

Sorry, they looked the same, but Globalhouse LED light fittings are flimsy. You find out when you go to use them.

1 minute ago, carlyai said:

Sorry, they looked the same, but Globalhouse LED light fittings are flimsy. You find out when you go to use them.

No apology needed, I wouldn’t have known, but a bought a supply of the ones I pictured a while ago and noticed the much cheaper ones fitted in the LED fittings I bought here, as they are low current usage (usually under 1a) they are good enough.

One of the things which I like about these WAGO connectors is that it is easy to mix stranded and solid wire, even with different thickness.

And it's no problem to open and close them several times. The connectors and the cables are not damaged and can be reused right away.

They are also service friendly. They have a little hole which allows to easily use a multimeter - but it's impossible to touch that spot with the fingers.

And it's a lot faster to use them compared to traditional connectors.

1497997575_WAGO-Copy.jpg.09afeff6468da2b593143704efc9f566.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/16/2022 at 1:12 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

with a rated current of up to 41 A and a voltage of up to 630V.

As quoted. it's not the voltage that is the problem, it's the current.

As for 41A, dream on.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluejets said:

As quoted. it's not the voltage that is the problem, it's the current.

As for 41A, dream on.

You clearly haven’t been paying much attention to postings, have you.

41A current is an absolute breeze for those connectors. There is a video I posted giving proof that the Wago and copy Chinese copy’s are completely able to continue to pass current at multiples of that value. It isn’t until 153A for 11 minutes where the heat generated actually melts the plastic, though the clone and Wago continues to pass current, that it could be significantly dangerous for shorting through contact.

at 74A for 5 minutes there is no effect on the connectors.

So there is no need to dream about factors I understand.

You really should try to stop putting your walking appendage in a orifice designed for speech.

• Haha 1