Tourist Visa extension preparation (30 days)

Hello Folks,

I am going to extend my tourist visa (for another 30 days) in immigration office this monday and I wanted to be prepared in advance.  (My 30 days exemption has expired today. Due to holidays I wasn't able to renew it on 13 or 14 October, that's another topic which was already answered in another thread)

Here are the list of the things that I am gathering with me on monday, can you please help me if I forgot something:

My nationality: French

Documents gathering with me on monday:

. 1 passeport sized photo (3.5x4.5cm).

. 1 copy of my passeport main page.

. 1 copy of 30 days stamp page ( from the passport)

. Visa fees (+ 2000 baht in case of something inexpected happening) 

Questions:

Q1/ Is there anything else I need to bring with me ?

Q2/ Should I print the TM7 in advance, fill it and bring it with me? Or I have to get it from the immigration office and fill it in place there?

Q3/ I wasn't given a TM6 form this time on my arrival in September, is this normal? 

Q4/ On the TM7 form, there is a question about the reason of extension: can I simply write 'Tourism purposes' without going muchfurther into details ?

Q5/ On the TM7 form, I need to provide an address: Well, I am actually staying at my GF room, which she rent. and for which I have the address,  But I don't have a document that prooves I am staying with her, should I ask her to prepare a document for me ? 

Q6/ Should I provide an exit flight reservation proof ? Or that's not required ? ( I know exactly what week I am leaving thailand, but I still don't have the exact date as i still didn't change my return flight date)

BTW, I am renewing my visa in PATONG IMMIGRATION OFFICE.

Anyways, thank you.

Edited by adrianc

Visa fees (+ 2000 baht in case of something inexpected happening) 

The fee for extension is 1900baht. 

2. Print out TM7 prior or fill in form at immigration...Up to you.

3. TM6 not required. 

4. Yes 

5. You should provide a TM30 

6. No exit flight required

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Visa fees (+ 2000 baht in case of something inexpected happening) 

The fee for extension is 1900baht. 

2. Print out TM7 prior or fill in form at immigration...Up to you.

3. TM6 not required. 

4. Yes 

5. You should provide a TM30 

6. No exit flight required

Thank you sir for your fast and clear answer. 

TM30 seems to be your main problem. 

As I'm the owner of my condo I fill out the house master/owner/Possessor section and the visitor section with the exact same details. As your GF rents her place you're staying, she may be able to fill in the first housemaster/possessor section and you'll need her signature and copies of her lease.

You are also likely to be fined 600 baht if you did not apply for a TM30 within 24 hours of arrival (tourists staying at hotel don't need to as hotel does it). 

Maybe you should stay hotel Sunday/Monday night to get them do a TM30 

20221015_170040.jpg

Edited by aussiexpat

21 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

TM30 seems to be your main problem. 

As I'm the owner of my condo I fill out the house master/owner/Possessor section and the visitor section with the exact same details. As your GF rents her place you're staying, she may be able to fill in the first housemaster/possessor section and you'll need her signature and copies of her lease.

You are also likely to be fined 600 baht if you did not apply for a TM30 within 24 hours of arrival (tourists staying at hotel don't need to as hotel does it). 

Maybe you should stay hotel Sunday/Monday night to get them do a TM30 

20221015_170040.jpg

Thank you for this clarification.

I just got a last question: is the TM30 something i need to bring with me on monday? or sometimes they don't ask for it in the immigration ? ( only filling the address in the TM7 ) ? 

About me staying with my gf, the landlord knows I am staying with her... He even charge her twice for water this month because we are two person living in that room/hotel . In this case, should she ask the landlord to fill the document you provided me in your message (TM30 form) ?

Which option is the best: get fined 600 baht and get the housemaster of the residence do me the document, or book one night hotel (sunday to monday) and ask them to fill the TM30 (even this option confuses me as it will only be a one night stay on the hotel and the immigration may know it and can be problematic in that case . Anyways, thanks for the advice in either cases

Edited by adrianc

54 minutes ago, adrianc said:

Thank you for this clarification.

I just got a last question: is the TM30 something i need to bring with me on monday? or sometimes they don't ask for it in the immigration ? ( only filling the address in the TM7 ) ? 

About me staying with my gf, the landlord knows I am staying with her... He even charge her twice for water this month because we are two person living in that room/hotel . In this case, should she ask the landlord to fill the document you provided me in your message (TM30 form) ?

Which option is the best: get fined 600 baht and get the housemaster of the residence do me the document, or book one night hotel (sunday to monday) and ask them to fill the TM30 (even this option confuses me as it will only be a one night stay on the hotel and the immigration may know it and can be problematic in that case . Anyways, thanks for the advice in either cases

You must bring the signed TM30 form with you if staying at GF's room. If owner signs you need copy of chanote, if GF signs as possessor you need copy of lease.

Note: TM30 is 2 pages and full copy of form can be downloaded from the pinned thread "Immigration Templates" above (3rd post)

If you stay at hotel TM30 should be in immigration computer so nothing to bring although some people say to ask for hotel printout/screenshot of TM30 submission.

In either case, you may be fined 600 baht fine for not submitting TM30 within 24 hours of arrival (but you still have to have one submitted as above to get the 30 day extension so fine doesn't fix the problem)

Me, I'd stay at a hotel to avoid bringing your GF or her landlord into it and then no need for them signing TM30 and no copies of chanote or lease agreement

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

You must bring the signed TM30 form with you if staying at GF's room. If owner signs you need copy of chanote, if GF signs as possessor you need copy of lease.

Note: TM30 is 2 pages and full copy of form can be downloaded from the pinned thread "Immigration Templates" above (3rd post)

If you stay at hotel TM30 should be in immigration computer so nothing to bring although some people say to ask for hotel printout/screenshot of TM30 submission.

In either case, you may be fined 600 baht fine for not submitting TM30 within 24 hours of arrival (but you still have to have one submitted as above to get the 30 day extension so fine doesn't fix the problem)

Me, I'd stay at a hotel to avoid bringing your GF or her landlord into it and then no need for them signing TM30 and no copies of chanote or lease agreement

So booking a one night hotel SUNDAY-MONDAY should be enough to solve this whole problem, right ? Or I still need to book it for the whole remaining period of stay ?

Edited by adrianc

Just now, adrianc said:

So booking a one night hotel SUNDAY-MONDAY should be enough to solve this whole problem ? Or I still need to book it for the whole remaining period ?

One night should be enough to just get the TM30 lodged

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

One night.

First up ask if hotel can/will do file the TM30.

Also provide you with screenshot.

It's just a one line strip. 

Yes, I did that right now. They'll fill it for me and send it by mail. ????

• Like 1