More information sought on Omicron XBB cases among passengers arriving in Hong Kong from Thailand

webfact

image.jpeg

Thailand’s Disease Control Department is seeking more information, through International Health Regulations (IHR), about three passengers who arrived in Hong Kong from Thailand infected with a new Omicron sub-variant, known as XBB, according to Dr. Tares Krassanairawiwong, acting director-general of Thailand’s Disease Control Department.

He said that 29 XBB cases have been found in Hong Kong, including 24 cases which were detected upon arrival at Hong Kong’s main airport and five who were found two days after their arrival. Most were passengers arriving from Singapore, but three were from Thailand.

Dr. Tares said that the department would like to know whether the passengers are residents of Thailand or transit passengers, among other details.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/more-information-sought-on-omicron-xbb-cases-among-passengers-arriving-in-hong-kong-from-thailand/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-10-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Think only an idiot would travel to Hong Kong or anywhere operated by the Chinese during covid and the no covid policies

Believe me, there could be urgent reason to visit HK.

Yes, I speak for myself, next Sunday I have to visit HK and stay one night, I've been waiting 2.5 years.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

Believe me, there could be urgent reason to visit HK.

Yes, I speak for myself, next Sunday I have to visit HK and stay one night, I've been waiting 2.5 years.

Me too.

Depart on 29th for 2 weeks. 

Need to keep the Permanent Resident status active.....many benefits. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/17/2022 at 1:20 PM, ikke1959 said:

what is the issue?? XBB is 30% less dangerous than the B5 variant.. Why so much to do about almost nothing.

The issue is that WE do not make the problems but the governments again and again under the guise that it is all so dangerous ;-(